PSSA Gliding Events

Phil Cooke

Advert

yeah the 2 I listed were close to where we would be flying assuming its Westerly biased... the Sun Inn is just before we get to Abersoch heading home from the slope.

I'll try and book us a table tomorrow, Ill try the Sun Inn first - say 8pm on Saturday, if that doesn't work out then well head back to the Ship at Llanbedrog.

Ill book a table for 10 (at a guess) - chances are we may have have to make a few 'stealth' and time staggered bookings to all get in (like we did at the Ship last year if you recall)

I've tried tonight to book us a table at The Sun Inn in Llanengan for Saturday night but the landlady there told me they don't do advance bookings - and she recommended we just turn up 'pot luck'.

What do we want to do? I must admit, not booking goes a little against my grain - but The Sun Inn does come highly rated for its ales and food - check out their website - **LINK** It has a big car park which well need - and a big beer garden. Shall we try it on the fly, after we've flown? Or would you feel better with a few tables booked in the Ship?? As we proved last year, even booking there doesn't mean we sit together for the meal. We'll no doubt have to stagger timings...

On that basis, I think I'm up for just dropping into The Sun Inn on the way down from the slope - taking some food and some beers adhoc as we end the day in small groups heading down to Sarn Bach from the coast?

It was always looking doubtful that I'd make this event, but looking at the weather forecast I think I'm better off staying at home. It's a long way to drive to be stood around for most of the day with either only enough wind to keep you aloft or, no wind at all, as happened last time.

I may just get in some thermal soaring on Sunday as the winds are forecast to be so light and try to break this years PB of 20 minutes.

Steve - I'm not sure which forecast you are looking at but XC Weather is currently showing 12/13/14mph W all day Sat which will be perfect for us on the coastal slope I'm quite convinced.

I just didn't want others to write off the weekend based on your wording, that's all. Appreciate the distances folk travel (especially to the Lleyn) and the inherent risk we take each time we travel that the forecast is not realised, but that can work either way too of course!

lleyn winds.jpg

I'm sorry if my wording made it sound like flying wouldn't be possible Phil. I was looking at XC and at 12 - 14 mph I'm sure you'll have a reasonable days flying, although I can't make the Saturday anyway as I have a family event to attend. But as Phil May said, it's a an 8 - 10 hour return journey for what looks likes being a mostly non flying day on Sunday.

I hope you guys have fun though and I hope to be able to make the October event, when I hope to have something new to fly wink