Southern Model Airshow/Hop Farm 2011

Southern Model Airshow pilot book-in is now open and online through the link below. Get your skates on for the biggest and bestest show yet. C'mon. :D

http://www.southernmodelairshow.com/pilot-welcome.shtml

The Southern Model Air show is scheduled to take place on the weekend of 17th/18th September 2011 at The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood, Kent, TN12 6PY.

The Family Show, with something for everyone; Aeroplanes, Helicopters, Boats, Cars, Tanks, and Full Size Aero display on both days. Dozens of Trade Stands, Huge Bring & Buy, Commentary by D.B. Sound, Pyrotechnics, and the very best of Model Flying Displays.

Full entry to the Hop Farm, is included in the Admission price of, Adults £12.30 and Children £9.20. Discounts for Family Tickets (2+2, £38.80), and advance On-Line Bookings, (available until 7 days before show).

Camping Package from 12 midday Friday 16th to 12 midday Monday 19th September, including 2 day pass to the Show. Prices: Adult £30.70, Child £12.30.

CAMPING
Please contact the Hop Farm, Tel: 01892 838164 or at www.thehopfarm.co.uk

TRADE Stands
Tel: Brian & Sandra 07514 271208 or [email protected]

PILOTS BOOKINGS ON LINE strictly from 1st March at www.SouthernModelAirshow.com

PILOT ENQUIRIES
Tel: Roger & Theresa 07983 021025

All Other Enquiries for CAMFC
Tel: 07514 271095

N.B. Volunteers of CAMFC that answer these ‘phones may be at work when you call. Please leave a message when asked, so they can call you back, Thank you.
If your call is not answered during business hours, please leave a message when asked and your call will be returned.

Advert

I'll be going... Its so close I could walk there if I could be bothered. Couldn't walk back though - I'd be carrying too much.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
So who else is going this weekend? Or are you already there?

I was there all weekend last year as a helper on the Mayhem Team. This time I'll be on the other side of the rope (and having to pay to get in!) and will be there on Sunday. Looks like the weather might not be quite as good as they normally manage to arrange for us (!) but looking forward to it anyway. Hope to meet some of you there.

Arrived at 9.30, started to do the stalls and then did it rain? Well yes it did. Got quite wet really.

At about 11.00 nearly had enough, the rain was filling my coffee cup faster than I could drink it! BUT then the rain stopped and the sun peaked out. From then on it was a great day!

The down side - The early rain, seeing an out of control model (rain affected Tx/Rx?) wipe out another in the aircraft park, not many Dawn Patrol guys there.

The up side - great flying, cracking models, seeing two 'full size' land, buying a DX8 and getting a good deal on a PZ Spit.

Oh happy day!

Posted by Brian Lambert on 12/03/2011 09:27:28:
Will anyone be going to the show? I sure hope to, one of the better shows I think.

Anyone else going?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Administrator on 12/03/2011 09:29:40

I would have gone, but not with DB Sound Systems thanks.

Posted by Tony Read on 17/09/2011 21:03:36:

The down side - The early rain, seeing an out of control model (rain affected Tx/Rx?) wipe out another in the aircraft park,

When will people take responsibility for their actions. CAP658 applies to everyone operating a model aircraft ALL THE TIME! It could have wiped out a person.

Edited By Lazygit on 17/09/2011 22:54:42

Posted by Lazygit on 17/09/2011 22:49:31:
I would have gone, but not with DB Sound Systems thanks.

Poor old DB - let's make some noise for him, c'mon, put your hands together boys and girls - he is British, you know!

I'm going with a few clubmates - hoping the showers hold off and transmitters stay dry. With any luck you'll recognise me by the doll I'm clutching - if I can find a decent 1/4 scale full bodied pilot, that is...

Sure you were at the right place? There was plenty of trade... And I saw at least 4 food stalls near the end of the flight line...

I thought it was good... Certainly the solo jet display (the white one who won the award...) was very impressive as well as the RV8 display. My main complaint is I always have trouble finding my way out of the Hopfarm.

Also, first class smoke ring. 

Edited By birdy on 18/09/2011 16:42:23

What was the weather like today? Up in Suffolk it was a bright and calm day - nothing like the weather forcast!!!

I would agree there seemed to be less trade stands than last year. I was hoping for lots of lipos but they were in short supply.

I have to say I'm a big DB fan. Got to say a few words with him on the Saturday (well, he had nothing better to do in the rain!).

Posted by birdy on 18/09/2011 16:41:46:

Also, first class smoke ring.

Edited By birdy on 18/09/2011 16:42:23

For those wondering...

...and the weather, bearing in mind the forecast, was awesome - light variable wind and more sunshine than cloud with just a few drops of rain at the end.

Edited By Martin Harris on 18/09/2011 21:18:56

From one pilots point of view (mine ) the show was great but obviously down on numbers from previous years on both sides of the fence.

We (TJD display team) took the usual array of 5 billion models and managed to fly most of them.

Saturdays conditions were tricky to say the least but we did get one good team warbird slot in.

Sunday was the carnage day when we flew the parkzone foamie warbirds in the limbo slot then the 60/90 size warbirds in the pyro slot. Both though were superb slots.... in fact the best ever in my opinion!!

We also did some other warbird and jet flying over the weekend plus our own Mike Donnelly did his usual with his Futura jet!

Edited By Gregg Veasey on 19/09/2011 22:04:56

It certainly looked quieter to me - on both sides of the fence - this year than last. Though the spectator side did get busier as the morning progressed.

So, here's the first of my videos this year. Starting with the Limbo;

and a couple of short extracts from it with slo-mo replays.

Time permitting, I'll get the Pyros edited and uploaded tonight.