12-am and off to maternity

Wiltshire Flyer

Advert

Dear Mollie,

I know that you might be a bit young to read this - maybe you could get someone to read it to you!

Well here goes. First of all welcome to this world. I know everything will seem a bit strange at the moment but its really quite a good place most of the time so I hope that you will enjoy it.

Now a word about your dad. You see you have the good fortune to be born into an aeromodelling household, this is very special and has many advantages. For example you will find that dad and you have a lot in common, in that you both like playing with toys. You will also find that, because he is an aeromodeller dad has loads of tools and can fix things that are broken really well. In fact I believe that over the years dad has broken lots of his toy aeroplanes just so that he can have practice at fixing them so he would be able to fix your toys - isn't that nice of him?

Now regarding your Mum, well she must be a lovely lady - you see she's with your dad and we know he's an aeromodeller - so it goes without saying that Mum is used to having toys around the house and is very patient and understanding! She also understands when you just have to use her favourite mixing bowl from the kitchen to make up some resin, or when you need the plant water spray bottle to clean something important up - like an engine.

So you see, life is going to be pretty cool. But just one last word of advice from your Uncle BEB, at some point in the next few years dad will probably put a funny shaped box with two sticks on it in your hands. Think very carefully at this stage, life with two aeromodellers in the house might be more than Mum can managed!

Have a great time Mollie, may you grow up wise and beautiful,

BEB

Congratulations DF and Mrs DF, a beautiful baby, she is bound to be Daddies little girl before long. Cheers

Geoff

Wobbly Webbiteer No 20

Thank you all so much for the kind words, gave me a little lump in my throat!

BEB, i may well print your lovely post out and read it to her when she is a little older

Has been a very hard 2 days, i still have not slept, (Mrs DF is now in bed after we gave Mollie another feed, so i decided to stay up just a while longer to have a small celebration tipple before i collapse in a coma! (just an hour to myself to let it all soak in

My other daughter (5) is soo excited bless her, but it's difficult to find a balance between allowing her to help with some things but trying to explain that until Mollie is a little older and tougher that there are some things that she will have to wait to help with, bless her.... she is a very proud older sister

Mrs DF delivered using only gas and air, never been more proud of her.

Each and every reply here has meant alot, thanks so much fellas!

Anyway, enough of my way over tired dribble! (pushing 40 hours now) a nice glass of red and then the sweet seduction of sleep!!!..........wait.......sleep??? what's that again??

Edited By Dorset flyer on 22/05/2011 00:15:08

Congrats to you and mrs DF.

Hopefully Mrs DF will soon recover from such a hard day or two & little DF will start exploring this strange new world ! Then your work will REALLY start LOL

All of a sudden, being 50 & having a 25yr old son doesn't seem quite so tough

Edited By john haz on 22/05/2011 15:20:56

Posted by john haz on 22/05/2011 15:20:23:
Congrats to you and mrs DF.

Hopefully Mrs DF will soon recover from such a hard day or two & little DF will start exploring this strange new world ! Then your work will REALLY start LOL

All of a sudden, being 50 & having a 25yr old son doesn't seem quite so tough

Edited By john haz on 22/05/2011 15:20:56

Being 70 with the youngest at 29 and still at home does.

Geoff

Wonky Webbiteer No20.