The joy of slope

Advert

Hi Guys,

Want to discover the joy of slope for myself and this PM is looking good (finish work at 2 and don't have to be in Sheffield til 7, it's only an hours drive)

Looks like the wind on this side of the penines is due to be WSW moving W this PM. Anyone have any slopes between Manchester and Sheffield which would be suitable for a beginner in this condition?

I'll be taking my EasyFly, so quite a large, classic shaped glider.....

Olly

Nothing from me for a W or WSW I'm afraid Olly other wise I would have jumped at the chance. Our slope site in Glossop is SW.

The best place really is going to be Bosley Cloud... Ian Jones, who is fairly new to slope went there with me a about 6 weeks ago and we had a fantastic day.....
Theres a thread about it Here!!

If you want I can let you know next time we are going!

Dave

That's right Olly,
Alan gave me the impression he wanted to stop internet trading in the new year, hopefully he will change his mind.

Unable to comment on the Fusion but the W.T is wicked. I'm relatively new to sloping and started off with an old Zagi, but in my opinion, if you can fly powered models and you have a good instructor, then go straight for the W.T. Others will no doubt say different, it's just my experience.

Do give it a go, you'll love it

Phil