Nats 2011 - pics and video

Advert

Does anyone have a video of Steve and Matt Bishop flying their red arrow hawks? I forgot to film it .

Thanx

Tom

did someone say calm on sunday?? decided to head back last night, just plain tired out, getting too old for this camping malarky, enjoyed the crack with the lads, enjoyed the mooch round the swapmeet, Also enjoyed getting the kit back from the guy walking off with it from the YT stand showline was SUPERB, well done to the new guys, but, on sunday morning, after having a session of WHERES THE LOO!!!!!!! i think the loos, yet again, need a rethink, there was always a que for the porcalin steeds i suggest a urinal, at all portacabin loo sites, as at the hangar, and ladies Loos, lot more sitty down room everything was nice and clean(most of the time) no complaints, having been seriously on the inside of the organisation of the event, i know whats done, my thanks to all the helpers and officials, job well done

yes, great piccys, look at the 4th one down, thats the YT flag, bent over by the wind, shows how strong it was, did anyone get a close up of the HUGE hawk by west london models father and son duo? i asked who did the molding for it, only to be told it was scratch built out of balsa and ply!!! SUPERB modelling, wacking great 100 motor in it, the engine was the diameter of a small dustbin!!

Great pics guys, a few from me.

It was good to meet so many friends old and new. Weather? Well at least it was dry but the wind never seems to leave Barston......

.......discuss!

The Sunday swapmeet, bargains and junk.

Team Bishop, for many the supreme highlight.

Team TJD, thrilling warbird fans as always.

Had a great day on Sunday, and who said it would be relatively calm, the conditions were certainly challenging for all of the pilots. I drove over with a couple of modeling mates and it's only 30 odd miles from where I live so we arrived just in time for the swap meet. I'd already resolved not to buy any more models until the house refurbishment was finished but my mates both wanted slope soarers after a discussion on the way down. The resolve dissolved when I found an A4 Skyhawk that would be great for PSS and a couple of tables down it went considerably lower when I found a nice 70mm EDF unit that fitted the A4 like a glove.

The highlight of the day was meeting up with David Ashby, BEB, Andy Watson, Tim Hooper, Richard Harris and FTB who's description of thee drive down certainly made me smile. Tim's Cygnet and Courier are defiantly on the must build list. The plans special is certainly worth a read, and the only regret is I couldn't stay around longer as the mates were waiting around for me outside. Next year it going to be camping for the three days.

We finally left about five after sitting on the flight line watching some great flying, but only after succumbing to temptation again and buying a 60" EP glider which can be used on the slope.

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited By Big Bandit on 29/08/2011 20:29:59

I agree, it was that good even a non rc flyer (my Dad) said it was very good and interesting to watch. He even went round the trade stands after looking for a plane/heli to buy for the Garden(still can't convince him to go to the club)but we left it to late and most things were sold. I even found him looking through Kings Lynn Model Shops website yesterday on his laptop, so thank you showliners, i didn't think the day would come!

Tom

Did anyone see the Ford Galaxy parked by the Beer tent with two planes strapped to the roof..!!??
There were models squeezed upto the roof inside, and I guess the roof-rack was his only option..

I was wetting myself laughing, but so much so, I forgot to take a pic..

Was it you that tried to fly your car home..??

Luv
Chrisie.. xx