Please form an orderly queue

Peter Miller

Jim Newman in the States just sent me this.

Boultbee Academy in Oxford, UK, is offering a two day course, for £5400, on how to dog-fight in a Spitfire.
Included are a 1 hour session in a Tiger Moth and 40 minutes in a Harvard (AT-6).... before moving on to 30 mins in the TR9 two-seater Spitfire.
Now what can I sell.

Advert

No, thats not it, because you need to be a qualified pilot to enrol.
The experience I was talking about is for mere mortals, who simply get to ride in the two seater version. There is a guy who owns one that lives a few miles from me, and he used to do a 30 minute experience for people with the cash, but has stopped doing so in the last few years - due Im told, to insurance being no longer available.
I have sat in the aircraft, but sadly only on the ground.

its not possible to do it over here,   trouble is, the insurance has to cover  it as a passenger carrier, so, to be legal, it has to have escape chutes, this is why the venerable DC3 no longer carries passengers, wonder how the rapides get away with it? this from the CAA, or, as they are known, the C.ommitee  A.gainst  A.ircraft

Edited By Alan 4 on 01/09/2011 22:02:55