EFlite F-4 Phantom 32 EDF

Reno Racer

All,

I stumbled across this, whilst browsing for a new EDF project.

Looks like EFlite are trying to follow the success of the Habu 32. The F-4 is one of my favorite planes and the scheme they are chosen, although not a 111 Sqn or 74 Sqn RAF, does look VERRRRY nice.

Must stop typing now and clean up all the drool that has started pooling on the laptop!.

Advert

Richard,

Like everything, It depends on cost!

I have been eyeing up a few models recently, but I need to secretly save for these:

Jet Hangar Hobbies Panther, built up kit for 90mm EDF on 8S. They also have a 44" span F-4E wood kit, but that probably needs a 10-12S 120mm EDF unit, so too expensive.

K&A Models fully composite F100 for 90mm for 8S. I had one, but had to sell before my temp move to the US. Tamjets F-16 (1/12 scale), As above and now I find they seem to be hard to get.

I Like the look of these new (and cheap) HET 90mm Jets (F-16 and L-39), but like the Pro-EDF Mig 15 and F-18, they look good, but I need to see a few good reviews before taking a chance with an EDF jet from a company with limited pedigree for producing good flying models. I have a NIB 90mm Super Sniper V3, but never had the urge to build it, yet

Nitroplanes in the US do a fibreglass twin 70mm EDF F-4 Phantom, although I've seen both good and bad reviews.

IMHO, Short term, I think I may have to be a Jepe Fast Foam version of the Hawk, Sabre or possibly Phantom (in 56, 74 or 111 or RN colours). Glassed and finished with electric retracts is will be as good as any composite 90mm EDF jet, yet lighter and cheaper. http://jepe.org/indek.htm

My dream Jet (Thats no-one has made yet) would be a 90mm EDF BAC Jaguar or Blackburn Bucc.

Edited By Christian Ackroyd on 12/09/2011 20:18:11

• 1 year later...

I am building an E-flite F-4 Phantom 32 EDF. I purchhased Shulmand custom oleo retracts. As a result the original main landing gear door mounting brackets no longer work because of the larger diameter strut. Any one come up with a creative way to deal with this situation or has anyone used the shulman struts on their F-4?