Winter Slope Suit

Advert

Posted by ken anderson. on 27/12/2011 10:19:38:
Posted by iawnski on 27/12/2011 09:38:32:
wow some big lads on here lucky im only a thin un prob need a small size lol

..we have a few up here as well who wouldn't fit back in the mould they came out of....'large models' ..... ...

ken anderson ne..1 LMA dept

Posted by iawnski on 27/12/2011 09:38:32:
wow some big lads on here lucky im only a thin un prob need a small size lol

Yeh , right.

Got my suit. XL size. A bit too tall for me and I seem to be fatter than I thought. Just did not fit at all, especially round the posterior! Even after Christmas my wallet made it too tight!

Not a problem. I have a friend who is a keen fisherman. Took it down the road and it was a perfect fit. Got my money back the same day. Phew!

ilooks a great thing for the field and slope, sick of freezing down the field, and not being able to slope, cos of the cold, am 12 stone, medium build, with an ample gut (well, i am over 55!!) what size you reckon? and can you drive in it? dont fancy changing into it at the slope!!!
great find, and many thanks, dont fancy that black cover over my face though

If it helps anyone, for size comparison:

At 6ft tall, 32 waist, 43 chest, 33 inside leg, ape length arms attached to wide shoulders - the XL fits me great. Not restrictive but not too baggy either even with just shorts and a sweatshirt, but with enough room for fleece and jeans too if required. Tested, so far, in -3C, plus windchill from a 25mph blow. An excellent and very warm 30 quid's worth.

Ro.

Edited By RGPuk on 30/12/2011 12:47:18

Posted by r6dan on 30/12/2011 16:44:01:
Bright Snowboarding gear for me, its all about lookin cool

No good to me mate. It provides far too good a target for the shotgun toting Yorkshire farmers, when I'm 'testing' the lift available on some happened-across moorland lump on a Guerilla Sloping mission. ........

Ro. ......

Posted by r6dan on 30/12/2011 16:44:01:
Bright Snowboarding gear for me, its all about lookin cool

The very reason I bought this suit, in the first place, was that it was in subdued colours which don't draw attention when you are flying on some 'sensitive' slope sites.
Last thing I want is to stand out like a sore thumb.

This suit is as warm as toast, no drafts allowed in, wore it in the car to drive both ways and its waterproof as I found out when the clouds came down to envelope the slope.

Posted by Devon Flyer on 01/01/2012 14:57:18:

I ought to be on commission !

Well, I deffo owe you a beer. Never have my bits been kept so warm and toasty in the freezing winter winds and horizontal rain on the Yorkshire Hills.

Ro. ......

• 2 months later...

I got a similar thing from Lidl, a pair of quilted winter overalls £16.99. No hood to these but Santa had already brought me a couple of fur lined trapper style hats. Been as warm as toast flying all tho' the winter.

Seems to have become the club uniform as more and more appeared at the field. wink 2

Only snag is like all their bargains, you have to wait for them to come round again. I snapped up a second pair the next time they appeared.

Now that I've started sloping they'll get even more use. yes

Alwyn