Metal Tanks

Advert

Hello D for D . As in other post  just make tanks with a butt joint , no tabs needed. Copper will usually occur with glow fuel that contains Nitro Methane , the high the content the quicker the errossion, If that's the correct term , of copper . It will dissolve the copper from bass tube leaving a brittle porous tube of blackened Zinc . Any fuel residue left in the tank will go a dark green colour . Never experienced it it with diesel fuel though .

Some pics of making tin tanks here . Hope its of some help . When you have finished soldering and testing the tank half fill it with some cellulose thinner to dissolve any flux/resin that can block fuel tubes . |Guess how I found out about that .

Edited By Engine Doctor on 22/11/2019 11:06:26

A slight wedge shape would work but might be a bit harder to shape but not really a problem.

In the article I give a way of making a clunk tank with the usual rubber bung.

You buy a 20 mm conduit bush. Cut it down to about 5 mm threaded portion and solder that into your tank. Yu can then use the standard rubber bung supplied with plastic tanks.

Posted by D for Donald on 22/11/2019 11:31:37:

Thanks Engine Doc. Cant see the pics as I'm not allowed to log in the Medway club site.

What happens when you click on the link ? Its always worked in the past ?

You could try logging onto www.forum.medwaymfc.org.uk  if that works click on 

Ben Buckle designs in traditional models then onto BB Taylor Craft and scroll to bottom of page one .

regards

Edited By Engine Doctor on 22/11/2019 17:19:25

This is what I get Eng Doc.

Sorry, you do not have permission to view this topic. You may probably perform this action after you login. If you are not a member, you can register here. If you are already logged in then the administrator of the board does not allow this action. Should you have any questions, please contact [email protected].