Harlequin

Formtex1947

Advert

Welcome Richard. Harlequin is a new Peter Miller design - the mag is still on newagent's shelves for another week along with the article and plan.

Piccy of the model here too. Anything in particular you'd like to know?

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 24/02/2012 19:47:37

Edited By David Ashby - RCME Admin on 24/02/2012 19:48:12

Myron that is below the belt lol,

although to be honest, she was looking over my shoulder when I was reading the article in this month's mag and it was her idea, she said that looks a good model, how difficult would that be to build and so, Harlequin is the next in line after my Super 60 build. I think she is trying to get on my good side after finishing the decorating in the lounge, and nearly finished the new bathroom as I did here a mention to my daughter about the dining room could do with decorating now !!!

As for electric conversion, all my heli's and my new found delight in building planes are electric so at the moment I will stay that way,although that's not to say that sometime in the future I might not give ic a go.

As for my flying skills, sadly they are not on a par with my heli flying skills, so when the weather improved, I am going to treat myself to a course of flying lessons from XEL Model Flying Services down here in Cornwall so eventually I can do justice to Peter's model.

Tony

Edited By Anthony Billings on 28/02/2012 19:42:15

Peter

I reckon the noise abatement people had shares in the lektrik industry years ago to promote their R&D .Looks like they're winning and taking away a lot of the fun experienced by mechanical engineers .By the way,the only items I don't have in my spares box are the bell cranks for the Harlequin . I looked at all my servo arms and thought Hmmm surely I could utilise some of them with some sort of bearing inserted in the splines ,either that or make a couple out of plywood (like we used to ). Any suggestions apart from travel miles to buy some (not my style)?

Canopy Choice

The Harlequin is my very first balsa plane project and I'm enjoying every minute - even though I'm struggling at times. Thank you Peter for your design.

The plans mention a 8" canopy from Vortex Vacform and I've looked on their website but cannot find the relevant code - could someone please suggest a suitable one (I lack the experience to be able to source a replacement).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...