Stupid mistake

fly boy3

Advert

Seen that happen before with a 60 size 2 stroke. Chap started it on the starting bench, thing took off and was luckily stopped by the mesh guard at the pilot stations. It was secured at start up, but a 60 2S is preety powerful. it ripped the wings off when it hit the guard.

Quick investigation, he has selected the wrong model on his TX.

All sounds bad, but this guy is usually super safe and has been model flying for 50 years. He has many published plans and still writes for a US RC magazine.

Lucky you had the prop off.

I don't know about "newer and more expensive Tx's", but Spektrum have (and have always had) ModelMatch which uses the model memory numbery in the binding process so the the model won't respond if the wrong model memory is selected. But they patented it so nobody else can use it.

yep,did a stupld thing myself recently.resurrected my old formosa and was programming my dx6i did everything and the last check was motor rotation ,so fitted the prop, held the model and opened the throttle and all was ok,then i noticed that i was on heli and not acro, so i flicked over to acro----- BIG MISTAKE!!! the poor old thing promptly took off and demolished itself against the door frame!!

i guess you never learn !! crook

I bought a 2nd hand VoyagerE Heli, with nice Bell230 fuse, while still learning to fly a little Zoom400.. Promised myself I wouldn't fly it until I was ready, but couldn't resist powering it up... ON THE BED... Like you do.. !

Throttle was reversed, so instant full throttle was achieved.. !!

I panic'ed, and instead of moving the stick, I tried to remove the battery, which resulted in my arms getting cut, and tipping the heli over busting the blades, and bending the main shaft.. frownFortunately, because it was on the bed, the fuse was OK, and I got to take the mechanics apart sooner than I thought.. !!

I'd like to say i've learned from my mistakes, but we wouldn't be human if we didn't screw-up occasionally.. !

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

I find that a strange occurrence.

Non of ESC will start on full or part throttle, until the start up procedure is gone through by the ESC. When it is identified that the throttle is not in the lowest position, they all make some noise, to tell you to shut the throttle, to a safe condition.

I have about 20 ESC's.

Hmm very strange.

They will not even start if the prop is impeded, by say the ground. They vibrate back and forth trying to sort out the feed back.