Pete, our oldest member gets a flight in.

Andy Harris

Advert

Andy, you seem to fallen foul of the dreaded dodgy forum software and by posting your video in a wide format have probably mucked up the formatting of this page - you probably won't be able to read parts of my post though!

Can you edit your post and make the width of the video narrower?

Grrrrrrr. angry 2 The bit from the last bit that you can

actually read on the first line said;

"and by posting your video in a wide format have probably

mucked up the formatting of this page - you probably won't

be able to read parts of my post though!

Can you edit your post and make the width of the video narrower?"

OK its fixed!

But Andy can you read tutorials here please which will explain how to post videos.

And just for the record - as my corrected edit shows - I don't think that this is caused by "dodgy software" its caused by folks failing to read the tutorials despite over a month now of them being constantly promoted by the mods!

BEB

PS BTW nice video - and Pete's a man after amy own heart thumbs up. I sincerely hope that when I'm his age I'll be doing the same!

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 01/04/2012 00:37:19:

And just for the record - as my corrected edit shows - I don't think that this is caused by "dodgy software" its caused by folks failing to read the tutorials despite over a month now of them being constantly promoted by the mods!

Well you may say that BEB, but really the forum software shouldn't allow a simple and honest slipup (let alone something deliberate/malicious) to throw the page formatting into disarray.

Yes, it would be good if people read, understood and followed the instructions - when they can remember where the intructions are - but you certainly can't rely on that always happening. At least not in any sort of real world. This issue will continue to give the admins and mods grief until the software is fixed.

Thanks @BEB - I did follow the embedding tutorial. My theory is that I have the larger size set by default on my channel. I may test this next time I'm posting.

@posters -- thanks for the comments, I forgot to mention that for many weeks now Pete has got himself to the field only to find that the IC engine doesn't quite have the power. He seems to have cracked the problem because the flight I videoed was good, and he was up again Sunday and had a full 20 mins (dead stick again - flew till fuel out).

I'll have to find out more about Pete, I noticed that he has some very old Rover badges on his coat so he may have been a member of our club since the Rover Sports and Social days.