How Many of Us Are or Were Motorcyle Enthusiasts and Why?

David Davis

Posted by Peter Miller on 14/05/2012 18:26:26:

Drove REliants for years and years. One person who had driven Reliants said he never knew that they could go round corners so fast.

Never turned one over or even tipped it up.

Obviously didn't try hard enough, Peter!

Actually, other motorists, deep puddles and brake failures made some contributions to the entertainment but it seemed pretty easy to get back to 2 wheels...

Advert

Had my first bike when I was still at school (parents didn't know). In the following 10 years had at least a dozen more. Favourite was a Suzuki GS850. Last bike was a grey import Suzuki GSX400R pocket rocket. It was the last one after hitting the door pillar of a car that crossed the road right in front of me and put me in the local hospital for a while and on the front cover of some "be a nurse and help people like this " type magazine! After that I promised the wife I would stick to cars and guitars............but then came the planes again just like when I was a kid.

Biggest I ever aspired to was a CZ250. I only got that because the fellow who pulled out of a side road in front of my 150, sending me over his boot and writing off the bike, was my insurance broker! He padded my claim (against himself) so much that the replacement was bigger and three years younger.wink

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting how many modellers have classic bikes. I love being active with both models and bikes. I get fed up with the models then I drift over to the bikes; I get fed up with the bikes I drift back to the models. I always have something to keep me interested. I really enjoy bringing bikes back from the dead (BBFTD). Current collection:

1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans

1983 Moto Guzzi V65sP

1989 Honda GB 500

1972 Triumph Bonneville (BBFTD).

1972 Suzuki t500 (BBFTD)

1973 Honda SL125 (BBFTD)

Ducati 100 Mountaineer - currently under restoration

Yamaha DT1 (BBFTD)

Yamaha G7s 80cc (BBFTD)

I really need to "downsize" but I can't decide who needs to go other than the Honda 125.

Edited By Ian Easton on 06/06/2012 21:00:29

Edited By Ian Easton on 06/06/2012 21:00:52