kings lynn model shop

Rusty C

Well after a long hard think about the ST model mx2 I decided against and went for a PZ extra 300 instead its a rather nice looking plane. But today I recieved an email from the shop telling me they were not able to send to my IV post code at this time, So they had canceled my order fair enough right? NO as I have not had any funds refunded not to impressed with that ay!

Anyone had any dealings with this shop before I will not be happy if I have to chase my money back!

Rusty

Advert

Well I can't gaurentee anything Rusty - but Kings Lynn models are a very well known outfit - I honestly doubt very much that they would act in any way that is not 100% fair and reasonable. It might just be taking a day or so for your refund to come through on your card. If they emailed you straight away to say they couldn't supply and then refunded later the same day it could easily take 24-48 hours to show on your account.

If you're worried why not just give them a call or an email asking them to confirm that they have refunded your payment?

Great choice of model by the way - the PZ Extra as an absolute winner! Flys great - very aerobatic with buckets of power - goes exactly where you point it - even when that's vertically upward. Excellent!

BEB

PS Usual disclaimers apply - I have no connection to Kings Lynn models etc. Nor Park Zone for that matter!smile

Cheers guys mind is at rest now smile d

I didnt think about the time delay on the refund I guess that makes sense now lol. I have sent them an email today but it was after there open hours so am sure i will see a reply tomorrow.

As for the model BEB yep it looks the knees of the bees, but as they wont supply my I am struggling to find one BNF, I think TJD have some but they are a touch more exspensive at 169 pounds, however they postage is "free" so I think thats where its going.

Rusty

I once tried to buy from them - almost ordered online, but had a query, so phoned instead.

All was looking good, queries happily answered, and then they said they couldn't deliver to the Isle of Wight, their courier added charges for an island. They were not prepared to use another courier. Neither could I order for deliivery to a mate on the mainland, as the address wouldn't match my bank details.

In fact, I wasn't even able to pay the extra charge, it was just a flat refusal.

I didn't find that in any way helpful, and they have lost out on the chance for several sales since then.

WHAT, a tuppney happeny company cannot deliver to the other end of the UK and yet I can order from the other side of the world. Are you sure its because of your IV (Moray) address or are they out of stock. If its because of IV then I am sure your local MP (Alex Salmond ???, Scotlands First Minister) would delight in dropping them a polite wee note to get their act together. Utter nonsense and any business that can decline an order will soon be out the box. Really infuriates me these companies that cannot see further than Watford Gap.

Hamish, thats what there email said. "we cant send to your IV post code at this time" Its a bit of a racket really man can go to space but not deliver a few hundred miles lol. But maybe your hunch is correct they may well be out of stock, but then why would they not just say

Well it looks as though TJD are getting the sale now, will probably place the order tomorrow.

Rusty

The company I work for does lots of mail order and some carriers will not deliver to some post codes - IV can sometimes be a problem. Mainland places on the north coast with KW postcodes are even worse, as carriers class them as being on an island!

As for refunds, give it a couple of days - the UK banking system isn't the quickest at doing refunds, so no need to panic straight away

Kings Lynn Models have always provided me with excellent service and should refund you no problem Rusty (nice choice on model too, flown one myself). Perhaps you can source one locally?

I sell power tools on eBay and finding a courier company that delivers to the IV postcode and the Isle of Wight without excessive extra charges is VERY difficult.

Sometimes my customers have managed to arrange their own courier to pickup from me (which Kings Lynn Models might accept?).

It's wrong that courier companies say "UK Delivery" and then charge extra for certain areas, but that's all we have until a competitor comes along and offers a better service.

Areas not considered mainland UK by courier companies:

Scottish Highlands postcodes IV, KW1-14, PA34, PA37-39, PH19-40, PH41 4, PH49-50
Scottish Islands
Shetland Islands
Orkney Islands
Northern Ireland
Isle of Man
Channel Islands, including Isle of Wight

I think Alan has hit the nail on the head. Kings Lynn are with a number of other modelling companies on this - Flytillbroke pointed out this issue some time ago in another thread. I think the issue really lies with the courier companies not the model shop.

For us, that send occassional parcels, they will just charge us through the nose for more remote postcodes. But I guess outfits like internet dealing shops - like KL Models etc - have a contract with the courrier - that contract quite possibly specifically excludes certain postcodes. So when they say "we can't deliver..." I suspect they literally mean that- ie their contract with their currier does not allow them to ship to that postcode.

BEB

Its really no problem in understanding how companies go bust. "the courier does not ship to that post code", so what! ! Its the LMS that decides who he uses to ship his sales and with such a lame excuse its pathetic I just looked on Parcelforce's webb site " Same price anywhere in the UK" and I assume others are the same.

Purchasers in the remote areas appreciate that they may be asked to pay a bit more so please do not pass the blame to the courier when it is simply the suppliers incompetence.

Posted by Hamish on 18/04/2012 22:49:37:

Tom you are lucky you can walk to the shop. Unfortunately many rely on post and KL do not appear interested. Perhaps the next time you are in the shop mention they are getting free publicity on this forum

I don't live that close, i do have to go in the car but i will mention if i am in there. haha

I tried to order from them some months ago, it was'nt until I had placed the order that I was told they don't ship outside of the UK, there is really no excuse for this these days. We live in a global marketplace now and it is very easy to take your business elsewhere at the click of a button, in fact thats what I did. I wonder how much money is lost because of out dated ways of doing business.

I have never had a problem with items from kl, untll i ordered a model the model was in stock at the time i placed my order i waited 5 days and no model arrivied normaly i get my parts in about 2 days , so i decided to give them a call to tell them the model has not arrivied only to be told its out of stock, so why did they not phone or email me i had to phone them when was they going to tell me i was not going to get my model, they said we will have to order some more stock from the supplier, i was not happy and just cancelled my order, i think they only take the money out of your account just before they despatch the goods, if they dont want my money thats fine had my new model 2 days later from a diffrent model supplier.