Priory Models Silhouette

I found some pictures of what my Silhouette uesd to look like, and what she looks like now!! hanging up in my hanger,I must get her recovered.

img_3985.jpg

img_3986.jpg

img_3983.jpg

img_3978.jpg

The Silhouette is hanging up but I couldn't turn the picture sorry, the wings are on the other side of the hanger, but couldn't get a decent picture, again all stripped and ready to cover.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am one of those still working so no extra building time for me, but i have annual leave this week so am doing a bit of modeling in between sorting out the garden and working on my cars. One of my projects is another Silhouette, i already have one which is amongst my favourite flyers and like this one was a bring and buy special which needed a refurb. This one i have decided to modify to look like a pursuit type aircraft, as it came with no cowl i managed to find a suitable plastic container which my wife had some supplements in (now re homed laugh . The cockpit area and the rudder have been re shaped and the undercarriage will be moved from the wing to under the fuselage in front of the wing, i may also make some spats, still undecided on that one at the mo. Electric conversion for me of course, my other one is on 4s, this will have the option of 4 or 5s, motor is going to be a JP EnErG O/R 715 (4230) which says equivalent to a 52 four stroke but i have an EFlite BL50 motor in reserve if i wanted to go to 6 cells (hooligan).

Current painted finish will be rubbed down and a new scheme sprayed on, let me know what you think of the changes, still hoping we can get together for a Priory models fly in at Buckminster later in the year if this virus situation is resolved.

img_20200402_093937_resized_20200402_094142062.jpg

img_20200402_094056_resized_20200402_094127145.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 02/04/2020 10:30:49

Bit more progress today, undercarriage moved using some sturdy ply blocks and newly bent wire, battery tray made and fitted, pleased with progress. Tomorrow i will fit the servo rails which were missing and put the new cowl screw mounting blocks in. Hope to run the motor up as well to see what sort of watts we are achieving as well.img_20200404_202336_resized_20200404_084413498.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 04/04/2020 21:43:40

Edited By martin collins 1 on 04/04/2020 21:43:55

Hi Martin, looking good, are your going to paint the cowling? Thanks to this thread got back on track and finished recovering mine now, Im just waiting for some filler for the cowling so I can repaint it, then I'll put some pictures on, Im looking forward to flying her again.

Andy

Posted by martin collins 1 on 04/04/2020 21:41:44:

Bit more progress today, undercarriage moved using some sturdy ply blocks and newly bent wire, battery tray made and fitted, pleased with progress. Tomorrow i will fit the servo rails which were missing and put the new cowl screw mounting blocks in. Hope to run the motor up as well to see what sort of watts we are achieving as well.img_20200404_202336_resized_20200404_084413498.jpg

Edited By martin collins 1 on 04/04/2020 21:43

Just noticed this good work Martin, But, the wheels will just fold back at touchdown, and put your prop into

The ground

Triangulate your landing gear before you fly or spend a tenner on one of these

f-raa1093-500x500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...