HobbyKing UK Open

He (TH) certainly has.

It had been done earlier, I think it was a certain Mr Sutherland, who suggested there would be issues. These related to downwash on the tailplane. If I remember correctly, it was suggested there would be issues in the elevator trim, which would change significantly with speed, due to the impact of the wings relative to the tailplane.

I do not remember TH having any such issues, though, in the TH article.

Again nothing to do with HK.

I have just sent to China (HK) for an anomemeter, which is a low cost item circa £10.

Although it would be faster postage for items such as plastic bolts, magnets etc, for them to come from the UK outlet, though I guess from an economic and stock levels etc. you will not be stocking this type of item in the UK?

Sure, I want to get the small items in,  but don't expect everything at once, it's all going to take a wee bit of time, one of the big differences from other Warehouses is that I will be guiding this one to try and suit the UK market specifically.

Edited By Scott Cuppello - HobbyKing on 10/07/2012 15:00:50

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/07/2012 11:17:27:

Just a reminder - the topic is HobbyKing UK - I know they have no stock worth mentioning yet and so there's not much to talk about - but that is the topic. wink 2

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 10/07/2012 11:17:50

152 different airframes available this afternoon, not bad for day two

I think it's a bit harsh to say they've got no stock worth mentioning. Most of the aircraft they list aren't available anywhere else in the UK, and some of them are really interesting. I've seen the EDF Vampire fly, it goes really well and sounds fantastic. For £83-ish plus UK postage it's a bargain. Let's give them a chance to stock up properly - if we're needing motors, escs etc quickly there's always Giant Shark et al.

I'm a big fan of HK and have considered ordering several of the models now that they're open over here.

As you say, there are some interesting examples. However, if I have to go elsewhere for servos, motors, batteries and ESCs, I'll be paying extra for postage when I'd expect it to be free when shipped with a large model from HK.

I've added my e-mail address to the new items page so I'll now be able to stop looking al lthe time wink

Ive just tried to order a 70 amp speed controller for a very reasonable price of £11 or so. The only postage options I can get are Parcel Force 24 and 48 hous at over £8 plus. When I'm in the web site it says that there should be an option for Royal Mail at £3.99 but it doesn't come up at the point of ordering.

Is this a glitch or these the only options? I've looked arounf the site but there really isn't anything else I want/need to fill up the remainder of the postage weight. Then, there is all the Customs Declarations to fill in, do I need to?

I was waiting for the speed controllers before ordering a Bixler but now they are here, the Bixlers have gone. With some LEDs they should make a soothing easy flyer, even once the nights have drawn in. When will we be seeing more in the UK ?

Posted by NigelH on 12/07/2012 19:39:28:

I was waiting for the speed controllers before ordering a Bixler but now they are here, the Bixlers have gone. With some LEDs they should make a soothing easy flyer, even once the nights have drawn in. When will we be seeing more in the UK ?

The AXN Floater comes reccomended by a few guys who fly them in all kinds of weather and as fpv mounts