Posted by Bruce Austin on 27/06/2016 18:13:14:

Had a great afternoon with the PK 2000. I had 3 and a half hours cruising the slope on one Zippy 1500 3S and had 22% left.

Hi there Donald, I once bought an HK folding prop 10X6 as a spare for the phoenix, but it was so out of balance that I just shoved in the back drawer, and ordered Aeronauts. these were very close to perfect and just needed a gentle rub to get spot on.

I really enjoy the leisurely flying of the Phoenix. But now that I am enjoying the slope side, I must check out the videos of some of these clever guys with their aerobatics antics.

Go With the Flow

Bruce

RE the out of balance folder .Check the length of each prop from the pivot to tip and also the thickness of auch blade.

Advert

Hi because i am not fitting any spars in wing thought i may as well go the whole hog so no vertical stab or rudder.

t1.jpg

Slot cut into elevator for ply brace.

t2.jpgHot wire treatment.

t3.jpg

V tail held together with temporary brace.

You do know i was only kidding about the wing spars.

So much to do so little time

Posted by CARPERFECT on 01/04/2017 10:50:28:

Managed to break the collet prop adapter . Apart fro HK China, where can i get one from asap ? And is the Phoenix a HK model or is it some other manufactures with there name on it ?

Yeap, I broke a similar one a while back. It may be possible to find a similar but smaller hex version, but finding that with the correct motor shaft hole complicates things quite a bit!

My eventual solution was a bit different to what you might expect.

While shuffling through my "Prop Bits" box I found a very basic style prop adapter with grub screws and a round base. But it was a perfect tight fit inside the P2K's hex! I knew that the mere fact that I had to press the pieces together would not stop the prop from slipping round eventually and becoming loose.

modded prop spinner.jpg

I admit to, ahem, borrowing a couple of M3 x 10mm grub screws from work. blush But we do have a fastenings supplier locally that has them (I found out eventually)

Also, I'll mention that I didn't "Dremel" out the slots, but would do in an emergency.

cutting slots.jpg

I used a plastic prop spacer thingy to set the depth to prevent rubbing on the firewall.

collet spacer.jpg

collet set in.jpg

Edited By Chuck Plains on 02/04/2017 10:17:29

• 1 month later...

Wow, Cant believe this thread is nearly 5 years old! surprise

How many of you are still flying your P2000'squestion

I'm just awaiting delivery of my 3rd one! (First one lost to a mid air after about 2 years!face 8, 2nd lost recently to extreme rotor on landing causing it to loop at 3 meters off ground and into a tree!)crying

I'm thinking of painting this one instead of using the decals!

Will post a pic once done!

Dave

Yes David the P 2000 and 1600 still going strong. They are just so great as beginner gliders, and then nice and cheap when the occasional incident occurs!!!!

I never bothered with the decals, in fact I don't even know how to get them off the backing.

I have learnt so much about the airs, the slopes and thermals with these gliders, and looking at Paul Naton's DVDs.

Definitely my "go to plane"

Go with the Flow

Bruce

Still flying my P2000, in fact it is my most flown model. Had four flights with it yesterday in quite breezy/bumpy conditions. I would have to get another one if it expired. I bought the bare one and fitted a slightly more powerful motor, flaps and crow. Those stickers are awful, only used one or two.

Bob

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to assembling my Phoenix 2000 today - been busy on lots of other models so its sat around a bit. Ive had it for ooh - 18months ish - just not got round to assembling it!

All went together reasonably well once I worked out which set of screws did what.

However -- issue now is - whenever I connect the battery I get a continuous series of fastish bleeps from the esc - (I recon around 2 bleeps per second). I get no movement of the prop when using throttle - it does a very minor forward and back jiggle... in time with the bleeps! But I have no throttle at all. I know that I may need to program my esc. Ive looked at the threads for setting brake etc - tried it but has no effect!

Anyone come across this or got any ideas for a fix?

Edited By Harry Twist on 08/06/2017 00:14:53

What radio are you using Harry? Futaba sets always need the throttle channel reversing...if you haven't done this the ESC will think you have switched on the radio with the throttle wide open & so is trying to warn you. Alternatively it may be simply that the ESC thinks the throttle is slightly open & lowering the throttle trim a little will cure the beeping......

Whatever you do make sure you remove the prop before "experimenting" an unexpected start of a motor c/w prop can really spoil your day....

Hi Many thanks for your replies! I have had another fiddle tonight ( with prop off!) and have now sorted it. I have set this model up on my old Spectrum transmitter.

It was the travel adjustment on the throttle channel - I previously had 100% down and 0% up ( not sure how!) - I reset this to 100% down and 100% up, ran through the set up procedure and the problem was sorted. Esc bleeps sensibly - and motor runs smoothly in the right direction and even seems to have the brake set. So - happy days - hopefully will maiden over the weekend.

Again many thanks for your replies - it was your comments that led me to the transmitter rather than the batt/esc/motor combination.

Regards H

Edited By Harry Twist on 08/06/2017 22:08:05

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to get one some day but I cannot stand the HK website, just been on now and tried to look. Have Uk got any in stock ? When I look there is two to chose from slightly different prices and they turn out to be global or global / euro. Id get it from Bangood but I'd get hit with duties being a big box.