Precedent Stampe 1/4 Scale

cymaz

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Stampe entheusiasts,

Me and my local flying club agreed with a date for the ''5th Stampe and Oldtimer Flyin.''

the dutch threat is : **LINK**

Here you can discribe yourself (if you want)

The date is 06-06-2015 or if there is bad weather 13-06-2015.

Some Rules for participation,

every scale plane from before 1985 is welcome especially Stampe biplanes.

What do we do that day, just flying our beloved scale planes and talk about techniques ,and a lot of fun off course.

there is a grill on the field ,and some soda for a reduced price

***No Turbine Driven Aircraft Allowed***

***scale helicopters only Electrically driven***

For our british participants , there is a hotel nearby aprox 3 km from the flying site.

contact me for further information

or refer to: www.thehawksvught.nl for location of the flying site.

hope to meet you Stampemaniacs

Regards Pascal

Edited By scaleflying4life on 29/01/2015 19:56:24

Boy!

Seems like I'm always on the wrong side of the Atlantic.

Still working on the fiddly bits of the upper wing's center section but nothing photo worthy.

Cymaz, I found a supply of the binders over here (on the wrong side again) for only $16 for a box of 100, so I've got a nice lifetime supply.

You were right, they are an excellent fit for the larger wire sizes.

A tip of the hat...

Nick

Posted by Nick Santovito on 30/01/2015 14:49:59:

Cymaz, I found a supply of the binders over here (on the wrong side again) for only $16 for a box of 100, so I've got a nice lifetime supply.

You were right, they are an excellent fit for the larger wire sizes.

A tip of the hat...

Nick

Google spine bars plenty out there just waiting.

Roll on summer

great work. I am itching to get on with finishing mine but until I move the two projects that are ahead of it I just cant get on. Its annoying as I need it airworthy by early june and I cant get on with the projects causing the delay as its too cold in my shed and that's both uncomfortable and not good for glue. Epoxy wont dry correctly in the cold

I know what you mean, my workshop used to be a car port before I moved to the new house.

I had 5 minute epoxy that took 24 hrs to cure back then in the winter.

Had the flu for the second time since Christmas last week.

But now I'm on the move again. I like to sheet my center section out an extra rib bay (to the end of the ply CS plate) as it gives a lot more surface for the iron on Coverite to grip, especially on the bottom of the wing.

ciao for now.

Edited By Nick Santovito on 03/02/2015 19:07:33

Edited By Nick Santovito on 03/02/2015 19:07:56

I know very well from experience about a cold shed since I used to use an asbestos sided thing at the bottom of the garden and could not afford to heat it.

When I moved to the present house the first thing I did was to build a properly insulated one. 5x3x2.5m, not cheap but then I spend much more time in there than in the house. This weather calls for two 2kW oil filled heaters, one of which is always left on low: they are both turned up a bit when I am in there. Surprisingly the leccy bill is not bad. I used a portable gas heater for a time but the fumes were a bit overpowering and when I turned it off I instantly froze.

Sorry, nothing to do with Stampes!

But yes it is, I am currently re-making the inter plane struts and flying wires now that I know that everything was fine but just did not look right. The windshields have been made and are ready to fit.