Whoops, im in trouble

scott finnie

As im a newbie to ebay and paypal, i thought id have a play around, i have 2 parkzone radians just now and also a pro too, i was looking at there price online and thought i wonder if thats my paypal setup yet, i clicked a few buttons and now seems ive bought 3 radian pnp's and 2 radian pro bnf's, due to arrive monday! The problem being is late on monday we head off on our holiday and im working till then so the love of my life will have to sign for them, this might be the last holiday ....devil

Advert

i seem to have bought a few items that i dont need, waiting for paypal to return my message, i thought i had placed my bank details there for people paying for my items, didnt relise you could actually buy items with it, everything says payment status complete, all i need to but now is an airport and a loch for the jetski

Posted by Phil B on 06/12/2012 07:29:15:

even if you have not paid if you have committed to buy under ebay rules you should honour that

Yes, that is obvious, but with the best will in the world sometimes things go awry, Dad leaves room to have a pee, little son or daughter wants to be like Dad on the big 'Puter and clicks a few buttons, etc, etc.........they do have means to an exit if it is a genuine mistake, they just don't make it too easy!

OK, so now we know you HAVE paid under PayPal.......in which case..........deal with them first...........Good Luck.

Posted by Dave Bran on 06/12/2012 07:48:30:
Posted by Phil B on 06/12/2012 07:29:15:

even if you have not paid if you have committed to buy under ebay rules you should honour that

Yes, that is obvious, but with the best will in the world sometimes things go awry, Dad leaves room to have a pee, little son or daughter wants to be like Dad on the big 'Puter and clicks a few buttons, etc, etc.........they do have means to an exit if it is a genuine mistake, they just don't make it too easy!

OK, so now we know you HAVE paid under PayPal.......in which case..........deal with them first...........Good Luck.

this example has happerned a girl  bid on a car

link

Edited By Phil B on 06/12/2012 07:59:22

Hi do what a lot of people do to me when they've purchased in error.

Got to the drop down menu on the right hand side of the purchased list in ur account and you see a menu , in it it should have something such as request to cancel an order, then it gives options like changed mind , made error in purchase.

Usually the seller will accept and the refund can then be done if u have actually paid.

Or with distance selling regs, you have around 7 days to return for a refund. you'd have to pay the return carriage cost though.

But primarily talk to the seller he's probably a flyer like u.

Hope that helps

As someone who buys and sells a lot of things on ebay, I have had this happen to me when people have been buying from me and then realise they have bought something in error. I take the view that, if someone goes to the trouble of contacting me to let me know they made a mistake then I don't get annoyed by it and I certainly don't expect them to go ahead with an erroneous purchase. It's just one of those things - we all make mistakes. If the seller can't accept the risk of things like this happening, he or she should not be selling on ebay. I reckon it's fair enough to expect the buyer to cover any expenses incurred - eg the cost of re advertising the item and postage costs if the item has already been sent out, but wholly unrealistic to expect the buyer to fork out several hundred pounds for something they didn't mean to buy.

Hope you can get your money back!

Ive emailed everyone and now sitting on my hands hoping for the best, i'm off on holiday on monday and if everythings ends up going through it will arrive all here by tuesday, i dont mind all the parkzones radians, its the other itmems i dont need, especially the boat, the moneys been paid out so fingers crossed i get some of it back, a big lesson learnt is dont play with buttons and passwords on ebay, if in doubt then put my contacts in too haha

since im going on holiday not too far from from, im planning on forgetiing something then pop home myself on tuesday to hide everything, the only problem being is were moving house in January so she might unearth everything, though i could claim that ebay send you a "welcome gift" maybe that'll work

that sounds like an idea haha, break them in for me, im thinking i could set up a radian display team now, atleast i can build one really good glider and have alot of spares, even though i already have radians im looking forward to more haha, in years to come you will see an ad on ebay saying "VINTAGE RADIANS FOR SALE" cheeky

Well you might just be joining me in a looming divorce there Scott. you are going to get nagged at until your ears are red reD RED!!! I only did a bit of mowing and hedge trimming and came to an agreement to swap my services on the day for a nice Pc9 and an La 46 and a few bobs and bits and i am just not hearing the end of it. she cannot see the value of what i got.

bbc

bbc,

Yeah i'm feeling that now, stuck in the shop with no keys to the house, she knows something is going on and she knows its alot of money, if i could get my hands on a pc9 and la 46 for some mowing and hedge trimming thatd be great! That sounds like a great deal to me, i have to admit though that i feel very silly to have played around with ebay, i just never thought that itd be so easy to buy things, i thought you'd have to confirm things through my bank, didnt relise what paypal was about or aka paythief! though bbc if it does come to an end i have a crackin share of a log cabin till febuary in Inveraray with 18 acres of flat field and a private beach (seaplanes) and a hot tub, the fridge is stocked to the brim with beer too, so shouldnt be too bad cool

Scott I just don't understand how you could have bought the items without realising. It's very clear that you are clicking "Buy" in Ebay, it then shows you a summary and you have to click again and there is an option to cancel. You then go to a payment screen where you see the price again and have to click more buttons to pay.

You must have had some idea that you were actually buying and paying for so many items, all of the info was right on the screen, Ebay clearly shows you at every stage!

I hope you manage to cancel it all because it sounds like a very expensive mistake!

WolstonFlyer, i really just thought it was too easy, it did say confirm payment twice and i accepted it but i didnt believe itd be that easy, i was merely testing the water to sea if ebay was worthwhile, its all since i tried to bid on a £7 engine 2 weeks ago and it never let me, i signed up 2 cards that i thought was just to make payments into , i thought that i'd have the choice to choose between buying or not, completely got the wrong end of ebay, im not willing to put all the items on here for the moment but i will if they arrive, i believe some are arriving tomorrow and then others next week, by the time i arrived at the bank the money for the jetboat had been taken out but im now in the process of hopefully cancelling it, fingers crossed since im not sleeping to well

Yes ebay is an easy site to buy from, but come on it's no good complaining now afterwards on something that is clearly your own fault.

As has been said above you have to click on about 5 different buttons - pay now / confirm payment / enter password etc so sorry if this is harsh but how can you say I was just testing if it worked. If you really wanted to "test" it why didn't you try on some bits worth £1.00. ebay in my opinion definatly gives you enough warnings to make sure you know your about to spend real money.

baz

To be honest, I can't see the problem!

If you paid a reasonable price for what you thought was far less than you're getting, then when they all arrive you proucly say to 'er indoors that be that you've bought them to sell on, put the excess on Ebay, keep what you want and build up brownie points by spending whatever you get for the extras on her and/or the new house.

As the Meerkat might say, simples....

Martin H Dipl Arthur Daley School of Business Practice