Show us your workshop!

Ernie

Advert

Oh... Thought that was the end did you... !!

Not quite..

The Workshop (garage) is too cold for me, but I venture down to use the bigger, noisier, messy-er tools... Then leave it for Paul to clean up..

My Xmas pressie from Paul, a Scroll saw.. I've cut wood and foam so far, but hope it'll handle ally sheet too..

My pressie to Paul, a Sander..

And if I get REALLY desparate with a plane, theres the Chop saw.. :D

Theres a bench with saw, grinder and pillar drill..

Pauls beloved (and costly) FULL toolbox... I need written permission, in triplicate, to use tools from here...... IF HE'S HERE...

The compressor, which Pauls always uses, the noisy begger..

And this takes up half the workshop... !! Pauls N-Gauge railway, he built himself..

And his latest, but forgotten, Coffee Table layout, also N-Gauge..
Not finished by any means, but will be cool when in the lounge with a glass top..

Now i'm finished...

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

Posted by Peter Ward on 08/02/2012 15:19:48:
A glass topped coffee table with a working model railway in it? Now that really IS cool!

I need to talk to SWMBO about this......

LOL...

The idea is not to have full access to controls, but just leave it to plod round.. The trick is to illuminate everything... House windows, headlights, bit of street lighting, work men welding in the sheds..!!

We can't claim to have 'invented' the idea, there are loads on Tube..

A making of video, altho he's using tiny-tiny T-gauge... You really have to see them in the flesh to appreciate the size.. They also do an Inter-City 125 which is sweet..

Or if you haven't the room for a table, how about a BOOK... !!!!

There are many many more to watch...

Soz to go off-topic...

Luv
Chrisie.. xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For what its worth here's my hovel. A full 6ft x 7ft with my computer space to the right, and to the left the model build area with a 5ft x 3ft build table currently swamped by a DC3. I'm fast running out of space to hang the models. the ceiling is next methinks. Hopefully a room will become available when the kids go, but at 22 and 24 yrs old there's not much sign/ hope yet. Ady

• 4 weeks later...

OMG Ady.. !!

I thought i'd crammed loads in, but you've definately won the prize for room-size to work-space ratio there..! But not in a good way..  7x5 floor space, but only workspace appears to be available where you park your Butt... !!!

Luv

Chrisie.. xx

Edited By Cyclicscooby on 29/06/2012 14:33:54

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm backout of hospital again so can get back to the building board. Its in there honest. I can just about get a 54" long wing panel or fuselage shell on the building table. At least everything is very close at hand and you don't need to move a lot to reach anything. The greatest innovation in recent times was addition of white high output LED's under the shelving to illuminate the building table beneath. I have 3 rows of them powered by a 12V dc power supply and gives excellent lighting with minimal shadows.

The DC-3/ C-47 is nearly completed and awaits painting, and a Balsa build Horsa glider to a similar scale is on the table progressing nicely.

Ady

• 1 month later...

Mine.

building bench in centre (1/4 scale Neuiport 11 for scale)

100_2433.jpg

tools and stuff (remainder under building bench)

100_2434.jpg

Current flying models area

100_2436.jpg

Spare balsa, parts and engine for Neiuport, proxxon scroll saw and stored plans

100_2437.jpg

Planes for repair, partially built and awaiting covering (TN Hurricane, HET 90mm Sniper, Galaxy Magician, DLG)

100_2438.jpg

Here's mine - space at a premium expecially since I lost 1/3 to a kitchen extension. Below various boxes with small compartments for bits and pieces + electrical units such as chargers etc

Workshop 3

Foam cut inserts in tool drawers

Workshop 4

Workshop 1

Dogfighter hangin from ceiling

Workshop 5

Main models on prupose built 2"x1" wall hangers

Workshop 2

Edited By Jon Laughton on 08/09/2012 23:10:59

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

i phone pictures 136.jpgHere,s my workshop. As you can se its a work in progress which i was hoping to make progress on during the christmas break , but the great british weather had other ideas .

Hard to see at the moment but when finished it will give me over 200 square feet of dry and secure space to store and work on my models, then i can get rid of the two sheds in the foreground and return the garden to barbeque duties in time for the summer.

Hopefully i can have a roof on by the end of Jan and complete fit out by easter ( working wekends when i get chance).

• 2 months later...

Oh well here goes. This is my cosy little bolt hole. It's a single garage which is part of the house so I'm lucky enough to always be warm and rust free !!

A view from the door

view from door.jpg

looking down the other wall

view from door 2.jpg

The main anything goes bench with loads of storage cupboards

anything goes bench.jpg

I like these little proxxon machines

little proxxon machines.jpg

and their hand tools are decent too (this is my miniature machine centre)

proxxon hand tools.jpg

Some little foamies.....yep thats an edf unit on the fox glider....lol

little foamies.jpg

And in contrast this monster fills the entire building bench at the moment

building bench.jpg

some bodies

bodies.jpg

and a few more hiding behind the drum practice pads

more bodies.jpg

the big bits get stored in here

large storage cupboard.jpg

and the small bits in here

parts storage.jpg

the most useful machine in the workshop

drill press.jpg

this little fella is the new lathe which is not yet working. Had to sell the Boxford to make space !

lathe.jpg

Well, thats all folks. These are copies of larger pics in my album

Hope you enjoyed the short tour.....cheers....mike