TJD models

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else had had any bother with Tjd before? My problem is that they are sending my orders out unfinished with notes on the invoice " xxxxx parts to follow"

Now although I appreciate the swift order send out I would still like to see what I have paid for! I emailed them a week ago with no response so looks like I will have to call them tommorrow.

rusty

Advert

• 3 months later...

My normal parctice is to call a model shop first and make sure they have them in and then order. Some offer a 'status' i.e. they state how many in stock or a green-amber-red banner indicating status - and the I order directly. (if you shop on eBay, you have some indication of stock level of course).

I even call the shop first if I intend to visit, unless I have to get out of the Mrs's way urgently and have no where else to go!)

Many times the shop advertises it 'for sale' but actually keeping stock levels accurate and up-to-the-minute on the web is all but impossible, except for the big boys who run it as a wherehouse..

As you say well done TJD for actually looking on here and replying.

My LMS? Well, TJD of course... John have a look at this if you want to see where all your stock goes wink

Of course it is great that John has come on here (albeit four months after the original post) - and so he should. But I dont agree re stock levels - if you have an online store you must keep stock updated, there's no excuse for this these days. Of course if the shop is THAT busy that they do not have to worry about it then thats up to them, but thats not the case is it? Rich

ps and look, i do not have to post about it on here, its my time and I can quite easily get stuff cheaper elsewhere (usually overseas), i am just trying to provide some useful feedback. I also love the fact that John decided to open a LMS right on my door step - I could almost walk there! I also would not suggest that I wouldnt use them, that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face.

Edited By Dickster on 11/05/2013 10:38:23

I've not dealt with TJD a lot but I have to say when I have I've always been completely happy with the service.

On a forum note: we are very happy to see traders on the forum and they are always welcome - as long of course as they do openly declare who they are - which John has clearly done. It obviously has advantages both ways when traders do contribute. They have a lot of knowledge to offer and they can give us an insight into why there are, from time to time, difficulties. And lets face it, everyone has problems sometimes, even the best of us! For them its a good opportunity to find out what we, the punters, are interested in. Which way is the wind blowing? Some traders take advantage of the opportunity, some do not. Its obviously their choice.

BEB

• 1 year later...

I have used TJD Models in the past and found them okay. Last week i phoned about a Thunderbolt P-47 kit that was shown to be in stock on there website,it was out of stock the guy took my number and said i will get back to me but he never did. I also emailed them to ask the stock availability on a Zenoah engine same again no reply. I even visited there shop to be greeted by the most unfriendly guy that ive ever met.

I certainly will not be recommending TJD Models to anyone or bothering with them again.

It's a pity you have had that experience Ian. I have to say it doesn't match my experience of TJD - online or in-person. I've meet the guys from there a couple of times at shows etc and they have always been cheerful and helpful. They are also very competitive on price. I suppose everyone can "have an off day" though?

BEB

I'll sit on the fence here.

Yes it's my LMS and I have to agree they keep their prices very competitive. However not everything is in stock, and I strongly urge you to CALL before ordering.

Having said that, they have never, ever rung me back or answered a single email I've ever sent them about anything.

Sometimes in the shop I either get a full on conversation (usually from John) or very little, depending upon whether the next customer is going to spend £500 on an RC car...

• 1 month later...