Throttle for Mills .75?

JohnnyB

Hi guys,

l've got 2 Boddo and 1 Irvine Mills .75cc diesel motors. They are all great little engines but I would like to adapt at least one of them to R/C control with a throttle conversion.

So, my question is - does anyone know if its possible to do the conversion and where I might get the necessary throttle barrel etc from. I'm guessing this is going a bit of a challenge to obtain.

Looking forward to any of your suggestions,

John.

Advert

Hi . there is a throttle available for the Mills . A chap was selling all spares for mills including throttled carbs at a swapmeet I went to late last year. I took a card but have mislaid it for the moment I'll have a look for it and PM you his contact details .I would imagine that they are similar thread size etc and worth a call. From memory they cost about £15 ? and looked very nice . I bought a couple of con rods and fuel tanks from him also very good .

E.D.

Edited By Engine Doctor on 14/02/2013 11:08:43

As has Simon, I have also succesfully throttled a couple of engines with exhaust throttles, all though glow not diesel. On one I made a small butterfly set right into the muffler tail pipe, the other I epoxied a rc carb, less spray bar, from a worn out engine, on to the tail pipe. both worked well, though the second a bit better, producing a very steady, and very quiet idle.

Try [email protected]. He makes them.

Thank you John for Toms Email address as shown above, but after getting in touch with him he has asked me to inform everyone that due to personal circumstances he no longer produces the throttle units for the Mills engines.

He no longer has the time to commit to producing these items and does not want to be inundated with orders and end up disappointing anyone.

I have managed to source not one but two Mills .75cc throttles and I would just like to express my sincere Thanks to you guys for your help and advice. Much appreciated.

John.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was at Kempton Park (?) when ED introduced their ED Super Fury diesel, especially for model boat racing. It was throttled entirely on the exhaust, very close to the cyinder and ran faultlessly, never seeming to leave the 2 stroke, whereas most diesels tend to "4 stroke" when throttled. It was tasty looking, powerful and utterly reliable. I think throttled diesels are a much under-rated field of experimentation.

Martin

• 6 years later...

Hi

i know it's an old thread and a long shot but ... do you chaps know if anyone can supply RC carbs suitable for Irvine Mills .75cc. I've got a couple on Indian Mills 1.3cc and they work great in a KK Rover and a Veron Deacon.

Want to use my Irvine Mills in a RC converted Mercury Tiger Moth.

Cheers

mike

Edited By MikeQ on 19/01/2020 13:56:34

Edited By MikeQ on 19/01/2020 13:57:00

I was thinking of a PAW RC carb and making an adapter out of a bolt. Anyone know the thread size for the Irvine 0.75cc carb assy ... where it screws in to side of crankcase. My motors are buried deep in models in the rafters ... sorry to be lazy.

Cheers