Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Well after a top score in Montréal, my lowest points of the season in Ricard territory.

The Red Baron acting like Mad Max in the first corner ruined both my team points and predictions. no

Sure those Silberpfeils are strong again, but that way Lewis just had a 'Sunday walk down the straight'.

... and pretty sure that the Whiting chap grabbed Pete's Euros as that made me loose another 10 points. sad

Congrats anyway, Pete.

Cheers

Chris

Advert

Mustn't forget a congrats to Yorik, always a confidence boost to get a win from further down the tablethumbs up

John S is a bit quiet - I think I know exactly how he is feeling - lots of 'what ifs'....smile

Could have done without the Mad Max antics too, Chris - didn't help with my other predictions!

Pete

Friday evening of another Grand Prix weekend and it's Austria this time. And in Red Bull's homeland Mercedes seem to have the edge in P1 and P2 with Ferarri and RB mixing up 3rd to 6th places.

So, the customary reminder;

Don't forget your predictions!

We're back to the earlier, later, European time of 2pm for qualifying and 2:10pm for the race on Sunday (UK time) Anybody know why France was so late last weekend? I did think 2pm/2:10pm was to be the new standard time for races in Euroland this season... Looks like channel 4 have live coverage (as well as Sky) this weekend.

Posted by John Privett on 29/06/2018 20:50:52:

Anybody know why France was so late last weekend?

Someone on the campsite said that it might have been something to do Tv schedules clashing with a game of footy somewhere - England v Panama. Why they couldn't alter the time of the footy instead I don't know - it made for a very long day in the heat.....sad

Pete

I've figured out how to get off the bottom of the table, after yet another disastrous weekend. I just need every member of the league to forget their predictions and I might gain a few points. Over to you, guys. Lol

Edited By GaryG on 01/07/2018 19:48:37

Indeed, a bit of a disastrous race for Gaston Formula.

Ex-aequo my lowest score of the season at just 115 points. sad

Not really surprising with the German Pfeil making totally weird strategic decisions, Max not being that 'Mad' anymore... and only 1/2 item of my predictions right. Yep, just the odd 5 points... crying

As you can see, Gary, I'm not really picking up great points with my 'predics'. No worries from me, young man. wink

Either I have to find Flyer's 'new elephant' twin... or stick to John 'crochet needles'... cool

Cheers

Chris

Edited By McG 6969 on 01/07/2018 20:14:16

Right then! I'm back from flying, and the results have been posted on fantasygp. So without further ado, here's what we scored in Austria today!

Pos Team Manager Pts
1 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 194
2 Essex Racing Tony Clark 180
3 PSS Power Flyer 144
4 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 139
5 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 132
6 Pitts Specials john stones 124
7 Revers Racing Pete B 123
8 iqon racing iqon racing 121
9 GASTON Formula Chris McG 115
10 teewrex John Tee 102
11 VBT Racing Yorik 98
12 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 95
13 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 91
14 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 74

Top scorer today was Carl with an impressive 194 points. Tony was second with 180 and then a bit of a gap to Flyer on 144 with the rest of following closely - and not so closely - behind!

Well done Carl - the overall top score was only 217 and Carl's 194 puts him 8th out of the entire fantasygp league today. Tony's score puts him in the top 100 overall today, at 78th.

Up next, how does this leave the overal table?

Edited By John Privett on 01/07/2018 20:24:19

Today's results have caused place changes in the entire table except for the bottom three places. Here is the overall table;

Pos Gain/Loss Team Manager Pts
1 +1 PSS Power Flyer 1262
2 -1 Revers Racing Pete B 1244
3 +1 AnyoneSeenBernie johnpflyrc 1230
4- 1 iqon racing iqon racing 1228
5 +1 Mannschaft Carl Brotherton 1192
6 +2 Essex Racing Tony Clark 1170
7 -2 GASTON Formula Chris McG 1163
8 +3 Pitts Specials john stones 1107
9 +1 VBT Racing Yorik 1085
10 -1 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 1085
11 -4 Team Webby Racing Simon Webb 1082
12 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 1080
13 0 teewrex John Tee 963
14 0 Flying Eagles Gary Goodfellow 903

BIggest movers of the day were Simon, 4 places, sadly in the "sub-optimal" direction... and John S moving up 3 places. At the top Pete moves down and is replaced by Flyer.

Silverstone next weekend! Anybody going?

Edited By John Privett on 01/07/2018 20:32:05

Well done all; what a strange race!

I will have to double the elephant's peanut rations!! How did I manage that escape?? Just proving that this is all luck!

Off to Silverstone Thursday for the weekend; will enjoy whoever wins. Weather forecast hot hot hot, so it's a case fo packing the factor 50 and look to who looks after their tyres best.

Anyway, must dash and feed the elephant!

Ade