Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

Advert

Posted by john stones 1 on 19/03/2020 19:19:49:
Posted by iqon on 19/03/2020 19:12:46:

If we are playing snap, then I think I have

Merc Ferrari red bull, Hamilton, leclerc, verstappen.

and a IOU

See lads, I told you he's a cheat. wink

You O.K ? Fit for your appointment ?

They canceled it today till further notice. guessing 12 weeks ? already had .........18 weeks ?, seems like yesterday

Posted by McG 6969 on 19/03/2020 20:05:04:

... indeed, John P.

And Baku will not be confirmed 'soon'...

By the way, I suppose I'll have to remove LEC from my team then?

Igor has indeed a super team, John... surprise

Wondering now if he's a SUPER MEGA PRO ELITE member??? ...

Cheers

Chris

Super mega player. but alas I might have fibbed a bit, even pro elite cant afford that line up. There is no way I`m telling whatshisname my team.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I just went on with my Sabre Dog build all these months and didn't annoy Iris too much, John... angel

It seems that we 'could' be racing within two weeks from now.

But then the 'Fantasy' site is still on hold and just states 'Coming soon'...

Let's hope it really comes back in the air 'soon'...

Cheers & stay safe, gents

Chris

Good to hear you've been keeping busy Chris! I've been doing a bit of cycling in the lockdown - my legitimate "get out of the house once a day for exercise"! I've clocked up almost 2,400 km over the course of 88 rides since late March. It's frightening looking back on Strava to see how slow I was at the start. Losing 10 kgs has helped too!

Fingers crossed we'll be back to F1 soon...

OK folks, I too was getting an alert (from Avast) for fantasygp.com, but that was 3 or 4 days ago and it seems fine now. I've just had a look to remind myself what we're supposed to be doing... smile d

Yep - I picked a team (back in March-ish?) and I think we're ready to go!

So it's Austria this weekend and the Austrian Grand Prix. The race is on Sunday 5 July at 14:10 UK time. Before that, qualifying on Saturday is at 14:00 after final practice at 11:00. The first two practice sessions are on Friday at 10:00 and 14:00.

So, what's next? Ah yes, Don't forget your predictions!

Just got back from a few days in Spain - when I really should have been rolling up at the camping at the Red Bull Ring today. Still haven't had the race tickets refunded....face 8

Anyway, when I've got 5 minutes I shall be revisiting my selections - will it all be any more difficult this year, one wonders? Good luck to all and may the best man win - here and on the track!thumbs upteeth 2

Pete

It's Friday evening and so time for my final reminder (for this race) to all;

Don't forget your predictions!

P1 and P2 have been dominated by Mercedes, with Hamilton ahead of Bottas. A mixture of Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren and Racing Point in various combinations made up the next places in the two sessions.

It still seems somehow unreal to me that we are where we are, but I guess once we get the first race run we'll adjust to the 'new normal' - for now at least...

Not sure how my new octopus will perform; he's been out of sorts since lockdown, but I suppose if he fails, he'll make a lovely supper!

Difficult to predict, Red Bull usually does well here, but unless they sandbagging first two sessions, it could be a race for the lesser places.

Good luck all.

Cheers

Ade

... well done to the three John's... and especially to the one with the right 'Vision'... yes

... Ade's 'new octopus' is delivering nicely as well... wink

... my team & predictions were totally 'chaotic' as was the race, I guess...

Next time better, gents

Cheers

Chris