S.M. Services (UK) Ltd

Devcon1

Hi All,

No vested interest but would just iike to say what a pleasure it was to buy from him (sorry but forgot to ask his name).

Just got a twin glo on board driver and I just know if ever I have a problem help will be at hand at the end of a phone.

Kind Regards

John

Advert

• 1 year later...

I just found out that SM Services have ceased trading due to retirement. I am very sorry to hear this as I've had quite a few of their products in the past and had no problems until now!

The power pack for my Battery Master, which I must have used regularly for at least 20 years, gave up the ghost last night. I went on the website to find that I was 24 hours too late and they'd just closed. sad

Yes, I heard this at the Nats. I wish them all best in retirement - but they will be sorely missed. A range of great little electronic "gadgets" that did exactly what it said on the tin, good price and great service. Well done to them.

What we need now is someone else to step up to the plate to help us "terminally hard of electronicing" modellers! smile o

BEB

Edited By Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 30/08/2014 16:33:58

Probably the main reason for retiring is trying to keep up with the market. I've seen Mainlink systems chargers, but they are £160 for a dual mains/12v chargers, but they don't even do Lipos - just Nicads and Nimh. You can get a charger for £30 which does that and more.

Also SM's other products came obsolete when 2.4 came out, such as their boxes for large models, although the battery backer is useful. Most people now gone to Powerbox which is more modern.

Even though, the glow drivers was basic, but it worked, you can hear the relay clicking inside!

Edited By Paul Marsh on 31/08/2014 10:24:34

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but this seems to be the best place to ask. My question is most out of curiosity. I've recently acquired an SM Services onboard fail safe. Does it do what I think it does and how did one use it? I'm guessing that it is old technology and that modern TX/RXs have got this feature covered.

Not used that particular device myself, but they usually have an adjusting pot and reversing switch to allow you set the throttle servo operation correctly on loss of RX signal(unit plugs between rx and throttle servo). If you have a modern radio, Its failsafe will be a tad more sophisticated, so using the old kit is of no real advantage.

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/01/2017 18:53:12

• 6 years later...

When going onto the old SM services site the interweb would sometimes take you to some other interesting places.:classic_ohmy:  They made some good modelling items. I have one of those like in your pic but no instructions.  Simple enough to use though just follow Martin's post above.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...