In Praise Of HobbyKing

I just wanted to publicly praise HobbyKing, instead of what seems to be a constant stream of 'bashing' threads. (It's not about the product - that can be found elsewhere)...........

Ordered the product Saturday, it arrived early Wednesday. In between, I had a number of emails telling me EXACTLY what was happening with my order.

Plus an email telling me they'd forgotten to put in an 'add-on' and that it was being sent separately.

Plus an email telling me the manual had an error, and the correct data, and a link to where a replacement manual can be found if I want one!

Whilst others may disagree, I think that's great service.

GG

Advert

yes Yup, I agree, like all retailers they aren't 100% perfect 100% of the time but they have always been very good with my orders. I have ordered from both International and UK warehouses without any problems and will continue to support them.

Edited By Andy Palmer on 28/03/2013 23:12:15

I have placed around 45 orders both with the international and uk warehouse. Whilst I had a problem with 2 orders, Hobbyking customer services were very efficient in dealing with and resolving the issue.

Some UK dealers should take note of this and improve their customer service. I can remember one very well known retailer refuse to replace an item that they had supplied incorrectly (from a multiple purchase) because the value of the individual item was less than their minimum order value. It was eventually grudgingly resolved.

I have had plenty of orders with them. The only issue is when things don't work or go wrong. Sending stuff back to the UK warehouse is a recent thing and a positive move. But a bit of trust wouldn't go amiss especially when, after jumping through hoops to demonstrate how broken the item is, they usually don't send out a new one, just a partial refund. If someone was a new customer or had a problem with a thousand pound item I could understand they might want to be cautious and might need to have some evidence of the fault but when it's a repeat customer implying they don't trust you is a bit much if you ask me! Especially when you've trusted them to send out something that works in the first place and feel a little let down.

On the subject of Hobbyking....... Just a question. I noticed that when you look at your basket it tells you how many grams you can still add and still be in the weight limit for that postage cost. I also noticed that it gave me three options for postage from Holland to France, each giving me a weight that I could add for that postage cost. One of the costs was $9.99 and another was $3.53. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to the $3.53. Has anyone else had this problem and how do you change it? I emailed Hobbyking with a copy and paste showing the different costs but as yet havent received an answer. Not having a dig, just curious, previous experience has been satisfactory.

I have placed 46 orders with HK (International warehouse - HKG). All items were as described on the website and in good order. I think their website is second to none in terms of the amount of information supplied, the number of photos, and the specifications provided and the stock situation. Some UK suppliers please take note!

Then there are the reviews. Judging by some of the comments made it is clear that some 'reviewers' do not read this information before they buy or simply expect too much from the products. If customers are worried about warrantees perhaps they should stick to the UK outlet only. I will continue to enjoy the low prices and new products that HK bring to this hobby. Well done HK!

I've just bought (delivered in 2 days) a Phoenix 2000 glider from HK -Holland. The carriage cost was €7.95. The glider was made to a high standard and was complete with fitted servos, esc, motor, prop, spinner etc. Recommended.............

By the way, the motor looks very small for the 10 x ?? (pitch unmarked) size prop.) Has anyone out there bought this model and were there any issues with motor overheating?