HobbyKing Hawker Hunter

pete taylor

Advert

• 2 weeks later...

If it flies anywhere near as well as the HobbyKing 70mm HK (Lander) Hunter then it should look as good in the air as in the photo.

I maidened mine on Thursday and flew it again today and it goes like the proverbial off a shovel - and carves through rough air like it's on rails with really positive comments from observers.

My only reservation (I don't know if it applies to your version) is the glue used by HK doesn't inspire confidence. One undercarriage leg pulled the mounting blocks out on an initial fast taxi run (all the main gear blocks pulled away from the foam on checking them leaving little (and in one case) no foam attached to the glue. After today's session, the nosegear mounting plate has loosened (but the landing wasn't one I was too proud of) so I'll forgive that one.

More worrying was the loose flap horn that I found afterwards - again detached without taking any foam with the glue.

Edited By Martin Harris on 04/05/2013 20:36:51

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I've got this one on my list:

Hawker Hunter 90mm EDF Swiss Air Force 1112mm w/fan, motor and Oleo Legs (ARF)  (UK Warehouse)

I believe that it's the same FlyFly 90mm version, already painted, has sprung oleos and comes preloaded with fan and motor for £110! I'll need to repaint undersides and add decals to create the RAF version. I'll also need electric retracts.

The question for you guys:

Model details state 5S Lipo needed. Now, I already have a supply of 6S batteries. HK have assured me that 6S will be OK and will fit.

Has anybody had experience of 6S with the standard ESC and motor in the kit?

• 4 months later...

During my 19 years EDF I have not even been an active forum guy but maybe you are interested in my smart setup that I flew only 2 days ago. It was a lot of fun to fly with only 3,5 kg take off weight / glassed very strong model with 10s! 4500mAh and only 60 Amps at max throttle for looong flights and supersound! Battery were new out of the box and I know the Tiger / Lion Lipo take a flights before they reach max capacity (still about 6-7 minutes were possible in first flight). Very close to real sound (also caused accidentally by cheater hole). The Mobius cam did not catch the vertical performance and big loops..must improve my headcam.

Good to see you here Jean-Paulyes

That Hunter is cracking!

You have done great things with these foamies I must visit when I am next there, I feel the need of something new!

Or of course I could just order one and let the Postie do the workyes

I still have the Skyhawk I got from you way back!

You mention 3D printing parts, we have one at work and currently are doing parts for Airbus, I am also putting it to good use myself smiley

All the best

Nige.