Jeti DS16

I just heard from Sandra at Puffin that my eagerly awaited Jeti DS16 has arrived in Bristol and is now en route to me. If you pre ordered one get in touch with Sandra pronto as not as many arrived as expected.

I will be sat by the front door tomorrow, can't wait smile p

Cheers

Danny

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist ,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,I must resist, I must resist, I must resist,

But will I?

Edited By Martin Harris on 02/05/2013 12:09:25

The DC16 has been around a while Lee wink 2

I am laughed at a little at my club where I insist that you get what you pay for, to me the Tx is like the steering wheel to a car, quality is very important to me. I know that other "cheaper" gear is as good to guide a model around, but this will have to last me many years and be as future proof as I can get.

If you divide it over the years its not that big a deal, not compared to other hobbies.

I already have Jeti Rx's in almost all my planes, having used the Jeti module in my JR.

Hurry up postie!

A bit of male jewellery worth drooling over, to be sure, but I could never, ever begin to justify one with my level of modelling....sad

On the other hand, it seems just about perfect to complement one of Mr Fenton's creations......enjoy it, Danny, it's just about worthy of you! thumbs upteeth 2

Pete

Thanks Pete, wish that were true LOL At least the aerial CANNOT be removed embarrassed

I will have to get Mr Bott over to explain what all the bits are for, in words of one sylable wink 2

It is hard to justify as you say, when it was announced it was everything I ever wanted and more, in the two years its taken to get to the end user others have caught up. But I still want it, and i love what Jeti are doing.

Mind you Chris just sent me a link to the new Fr SKY Taranis at a fraction of the cost, doesn't change my mind, but shows what you can get nowadays for not a lot of money.

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Olly P on 02/05/2013 16:06:11:

Classic metal fatigue failure

It was only the third flight the chap had used it for. He was flying a Sebart 2.2m Sbach - so I guess he may have been banging the sticks back and forth pretty hard, especially if he was flying 3D manouvers.

Jeti apparently made changes to their production methods. What they are, I have no idea. Not seen any more reported instances, so hopefully a one off.

Si.

Crikey thats alarming, I know the 3D indoor guys were some of the first using the DC16. That stick does look a little thin though.

I am very gentle with my gear, but still good for the heads up Simon.

Its not the monetary cost that would worry me, but the time spent on the model disgust

I will check mine when it arrives

Cheers

Danny

Any sign of the postman yet Danny? I bet you won't be posting much for a day or two after you get your hands on it!

Interesting that I've heard that at least 2 teatray users are selling them in order to buy the DS - assuming it's in good condition, one of my flying buddies who uses a Multiplex MC something that you could serve a 3 course meal from may well be taking possession of a second hand DC16 at this very moment!

Edited By Martin Harris on 03/05/2013 14:13:44

First impressions? The switches don't feel as nice as my 9XII and have slight sideways play.... The gimbals and sticks feel lovely. The weight balance is also nice.

Switches are in a lovely place I can reach everything I need easily, and thats better than the 9XII IMO.

The three position switches are on the other side to where they are on my 9XII so that will take some getting used to. I dare say if somebody were to try and fly my model it may cause of few concerns as to where things are. But again its just different. I do like the way I will be able to put the flaps and the retracts next to each other as I believe all the switches are assignable.

Anyway those are my first thoughts

Cheers

Danny