Jeti DS16

Hi Chris, I know, I think I might have to get one of those, for the machine gun sound on the Benedini. Or at least get it to shout dagga-dagga-dagga at the other pilots smile p

Hi Steve, unfortunately Jeti being Chech it only does a continental breakfast. Perhaps there is a firmware upgrade for "full English" teeth 2

Theres an interesting question Si, I wanted to rip it off as it looks a bit naff. But I then stuck the corner back down lol

I think I will take it off though, maybe after I have tested it fully

Could be a poll for young Mr Ashers, when he returns from walkabout wink 2

Anybody know what the mat type thing is that the TX is resting on? it could indeed simply be a padded mat, for when you put it down on the grass, it folds a bit like an IPAD cover, ie four folds.....

Cheers

Danny

I haven't flown with the Jeti yet, as I am still getting used to the way it works, but so far it is really impressive, even Mr Bott was enjoying playing with the menus. Might get adventurous today and take the back cover off and move a couple of switches smile o

Hopefully maiden the Tx this week smile p

Yes it does, I'm really please with mine. I bought 2 and got one free. Been using the first one for a year now, and still as good as new, so maybe you only need 1.

Agree they are expensive, but the screen being the most vulnerable area, I wanted to give is at much protection as I could.

If you search fro say Futabs or JR they produce a range. They also have stock sizes, you migh find one in the range that fits and may be cheaper.

A

• 1 month later...

Maidened the jeti DS16 today, in conjunction with new undercarriage, (oleos, and trousers) on my 1/5 Chipmunk and though they say the transmitter wont make you a better flier, it seemed to today. The wind was blusterry and I would normally have not flown, but I wanted to, so I did. The weight of the tx was perfect the stick action was really nice and the switches fell easily to hand. Apart that is for the trims, they were not in a normal place and will take some getting used to.

It was nice to have my telematry displayed on the Tx, though I haven't worked out how to get verbal updates yet on mAh consumed, but I am assured it will do it.

a lot of money maybe? but I think it is worth it.

Cheers

Danny

• 2 months later...
Posted by Danny Fenton on 03/05/2013 17:11:03:

Anybody know what the mat type thing is that the TX is resting on? it could indeed simply be a padded mat, for when you put it down on the grass, it folds a bit like an IPAD cover, ie four folds.....

I expect you've discovered this by now Danny but if you bend it up at the first fold and hook the handle over the ridge, it holds it at a very convenient angle for programming or miscellaneous button pressing...

Edited By Martin Harris on 21/08/2013 14:49:59

• 9 months later...

Hi Martin, don't worry matey, I bit the bullet and had a play. One MUI150 that is old stock flashed okay, well the software said it did, but I cannot see if it has....

One R8 again old stock says it flashed okay, however the other in my model refused to connect and gave a Ji error on the JetiBox. I guess that means the MUI75 and R8 are confined to only be used with older Jeti Box

I will swap the bits around and get my big Chippy up to the latest spec

Thanks for your support though, much appreciated, enjoy Shropshire

Cheers

Danny

• 3 years later...

Well in May my Jeti DS-16, will have been in my hands for 5 years. I was using the Jeti module in my JR PCM9XII before that (August 2010) so 8 years with Jeti now. Still very happy. Though the Taranis I have for indoor scale is frighteningly good, especially at the price!

When I first got the DS-16 lots of people picked it up and weren't impressed. Not sure what with, yes it is heavier than some plastic Tx's. One friend even suggested it was like a Tomy, "my first Tx" however I find it quite amusing that once a famous display team started using them they are now the bees knees...... I still love mine and am still learning to get as much out of it as I can. The new DS-24 firmware is out, I really should upgrade mine.

How are the other early adopters getting on with theirs? Any issues failures etc? I may have just been lucky but mine has been rock solid, not a glitch or problem. Worth every penny

Martin you still using yours?

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 23/02/2018 11:03:32

Edited By Danny Fenton on 23/02/2018 11:46:24

Jeti DC-16 purchased August 2012 and still looking great and going strong.

No issues or problems, and no thoughts about changing it yet as it does everything I am likely to need. Even 5 years of telemetry logs for each flight has hardly made an impact on the space in the SD card.

Dick