LMA Cosford 2013

Advert

Its on the Camping form Robert, I forgot to send an SAE with mine and had an email from David to say they would just have it on the gate waiting for me

Actually i didnt read your post properly and you dont say wether its for camping or not, but try the email address on the bottom of that form even if its not and im sure you`l get sorted

Edited By Codename-John on 02/05/2013 21:34:04

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/07/2013 08:18:52

• 2 months later...

As it says on the tin really

A few comments were made after Greenacres on here that you can wonder around a show and not know who you are walking past, even if you have been talking to them for ages on here, and it would be nice to put faces to names since I only got to meet 5 others at Greenacres, mind you thaat was my own fault for falling asleep in the car and then having to leave early due to a family crisis.

So who's going? and on what days?

I'll be there Saturday (Sunday if the forecast suggests it)

Oh yes, I'll be there.  We'll be dragging our caravan there.   If last year is anything to go by I'll be on a gate somewhere. Make yourself known if I'm not too busy.

Plummet?*

*Fat bloke with lots and lots of grey hair.

Edited By Plummet on 08/07/2013 20:40:37

I`m going for the whole weekend too, ticket already booked so hoping for some of this weather to hang around until then,

You`l probably see me with my moaning 7 year old son in tow, that once he`s spent his pocket money on something he likes, will be mithering to go back to the caravan to play on his xbox cos he`s "bored of Aeroplanes now"

There will be a swapmeet, I've just had this message from Steve Ogden -

The LMA have decided that to enhance your enjoyment even more a Swapmeet will take place at the Cosford show. It will operate in the model storage tent from 9am till 3pm Saturday and Sunday. Selling spaces will cost £5 which will go to this years charity. Sellers can bring their own tables or just place items on the floor.It is the sellers responsibility to ensure the safety/security of their items. No booking needed just turn up, spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Contact Steve Ogden [email protected] or 01782 853883

Edited By David Ashby - RCME on 12/07/2013 08:17:47

Hi all sorry I haven’t been on the forum for a while, been busy with the LMA Journal. I hope you have been sorted Robert, If it was a day ticket you where after then you would be better just paying on the gate, if you are camping then Dave Bailey is the man to contact all details are on the LMA Website. As David Ashby as already said there is a large marquee for the Bring and buy at £5.00 a table or space I think this will be the community Marquee not the model one, however all will be clear when you get there.

In the evening there will be a fullsize glider pyrotechnics display at around 9:00pm if you have nerver seen this before it is defiantly worth a watch. In the community tent we will have a small bar with all the proceeds going to the Vulcan trust fund plus some background music. So why not come and have a drink and a chat, everyone will be made welcome, full details will be given to you upon arrival hope to see you all there.

Just got back from Cosford and i must say what a great show it was. Good trade presence and very well laid out other shows could learn from this one. Hats off to LMA i will be going again next year and i feel sorry for the guy who crashed the large Hercules.

Had a great day at Cosford, great flying and excellent trade tents. I was acompanied by the present Mrs L who blew the moths off her purse and relieved Inwoods of an Acrowot and an OS55 to provide the urge . (its not even my birthday for another couple of weeks laugh)

The forecast is good for sunday so get there if you can , best show of the yea.r

Yes . Cosford was Grrrrrrreat. Missed the Herc going in. Was having lunch in the car,saw it come low, and thought ; that's coming in a bit quick, then heard a crunch , and nothing came back up again. Makes you want to cry. The Vulcan model was Majestic. First time i'd seen it fly.Great builder and pilot. Nice and smooth. Really enjoyed the flying this year. Never seen so many Dawn Patrol aircraft in the air at once.Again , great skill and flying without any incidence. Nice one lads.

Was a great day. Excellent show by all.
Was a shame about the hercules again we didn't see it go in and the dawn patrol didn't come out unscathed Pat lost his very nice albatross dva again I didn't see it happen.
Today I got my dawn patrol shirt and took charge of restoring one of their planes a SpadVII. Hopefully won't take too long to get it in the air. Getting it in the car was a challenge though but we got there.

Posted by Dylan Reynolds on 20/07/2013 22:08:10:
Strange there was no RCME presence I thought this was one of there spondored events?

I saw the esteemed editor wandering around the flightline etc today but it was strange there was no tent this year ?Im proud that i resisted all weekend to buy a model, there was a lot of temptation but ive got 4 things half finished and 2 to start in the loft so theyre getting done first. Was a great show, weather was ok and even my lad didnt moan as much as usual.

My one gripe - they banned barbeques on the camping part crying 2 your not meant to go camping and not have a BBQ, its not natural, I had my saturday night all planned watching the glider - pyro display with some nice cold beers and some grub and my hopes were dashed ! lol

Not a bad day at all, A far better contrast from last year, I found a couple of bargains but in all honesty found most of the traders well over priced, one trader lost my business after i stood there for for ten minuets like a spare part, Seemed like his mobile phone was more important than is customers! Apart from that good.

Well great comments everyone and a big thankyou from us for supporting the event. Our visiting friends from Germany certainly enjoy the weekend so much so they are coming back next year, as always with an event this big we will no doubt get some things wrong but that is the nature of the beast. The weather played ball for us again this year and it genially felt a pleasant atmosphere all round, here looking at 2014 where we will be doing it all over again.

Ps.. Graham, Alex and Mike was there on Sunday taking pic’s so watch out for event featuring in the mag soon I hope.

Edited By LMA Dave on 22/07/2013 16:47:45

Posted by Codename-John on 21/07/2013 19:39:31:
<snip/>

My one gripe - they banned barbeques on the camping part crying 2 your not meant to go camping and not have a BBQ, its not natural, I had my saturday night all planned watching the glider - pyro display with some nice cold beers and some grub and my hopes were dashed ! lol

Coudn't be helped. The grass was hay! It was not the LMA's decision. They were told that the RAF Police would evict anyone with a BBQ.

Plummet

Don't blame them. Some people are so stupid to put a hot BBQ on the grass, or worse still, put a hot coals into a skip, setting it alight.

Put out a fire at weston, due to some muppet throwing a BBQ in into a skip full of paper/rubbish. Another fire in the campsite skip - again by a hot BBQ.

Supposed a BBQ ban made problems - people taking all that meat and most unable to cook it...

Not a bad show, but commentary could be better, better flight-line slickness as there were loads of pauses in flying and please, please don't play "yabba-dabba-do"(dixytown Jazz) music in the bombing run. What was that about?crying 2
If no WWII music available, don't do it injustice by playing the totally wrong theme!!!