Bye Bye forums

Danos

I decided to sell everything i owned as i cant do this hobby anymore reasons are weather and well the cost im jus nto getting my moneys worth. So ive sold it all and made me enuff to buy a nice pitbike Thanks for all your advice guys Adios Dan

Advert

That's sad to hear, Danos, but quite understandable in these times, both with the weather and wanting to get the most enjoyment from your hard-earned.........smile

Good luck with your new hobby and remember, there's no such thing as an ex-modeller - they're just taking time out.....wink 2

Your courtesy in letting everyone know is appreciated, toothumbs up

Pete

Posted by Danos on 30/05/2013 21:09:35:

I decided to sell everything i owned as i cant do this hobby anymore reasons are weather and well the cost im jus nto getting my moneys worth. So ive sold it all and made me enuff to buy a nice pitbike Thanks for all your advice guys Adios Dan

I can completely sympathise with your feelings. What with howling winds,rain,boggy fields, cows taking too close an interest in what your up to. I often wonder why I bother. The only compensation I can think of is it's saving me fuel (car and nitro). It's certainly not improving my flying skills.

I've given fly fishing a miss this year due to the river last year seemingly being in a permanant flood.

Perhaps certain parts of the UK are less prone to "global" sorry "climate change".

Perhaps a "vote" should be started in the most "least weather affected field" in the UK. We could all join as county members.

One method for getting rid of a blowing gale is of course buy a "kite", instant no wind.

Best of luck in the "pitbike" world.

Cheers

PeD

That really is sad news, such a shame that you didn't explore the building side of the hobby, it really is a challenge at times. i am trying something new to my building skills with a working scale undercarriage and others have jumped to help me overcome my problem areas. So when the weather is rubbish and i have the time i will be back in the shed.

just a thought.

good luck anyway

LOL the Kite shame it doesnt work sounded like a good idea hehe. As for building side of things i have built a few models from scratch and plan what i found was even tho i go tgreat enjoyment all i was doing was building and buying parts and never actually getting any flying time due to weather or work As for the pitbike i have a 50cc already ive now brought a 160cc sounds awesome no police i'll be using a track just down the road Im a agile middle ager ive kept one plane my Corsair just incase i feel the need :P I have an old hitec transmitter the dog chewed the antenna off 2.4ghz it has abotu 1 inch of cable anyone have a quick fix like cud i use any 2.4ghz antenna cable as a fix? Lol im still askin for plane advice oh my days

Edited By Danos on 30/05/2013 23:04:10

• 1 month later...

Hi Danos what like this + you may need this PM me please I may have ...

Oh and while you wait, it is not Just us mate :-

All in all, jet engines are more powerful, retain their performance at high speed and altitude, and are more reliable. They certainly have removed some of the romance of flying, however. Starting a jet engine is pretty boring. Some aircraft like the T-38 and C-141 have completely automatic engine start sequencers - you just push the start button and make sure you get a clean light off. Others, like the Boeing 727 allow the pilot to actually turn on the fuel at the appropriate N2 RPM. Nothing can compare to the art of starting a cantankerous P & W radial, though. With the radial there is absolutely no science involved - it is a black art which requires a complex vocabulary of curses and encouragements, appropriate body English, and a highly skilled left hand (at least on a Caribou). There is no finer sound than 2000 cubic inches of Pratt and Whitney coming to life in a billowing cloud of blue oil smoke and settling down to a contented idle.

David