Dynamic Hobby Lipos

Advert

• 4 months later...

Hi Eifion/Caveman - have you been able to use the Dynamic LiPo's yet or any views on performance flight times etc.

I am interested in the 4S 4500 they seem a great price over what I am paying and the weight for the capacity seems very light too.

I have 4 Dynamic 3 cell 2200mhA packs which have seen service in fixed wing and a tricopter. I have only had them a couple of months so I don't know what the life span is like but they are performing well. Max current draw around 30 Amps with 7min flight times.

I've got a couple of 3200mah 3s ones which i use in my Multiplex Tucan, they don't have quite the same punch as the Multiplex or Zippy Lipos I also use in that model and that shows up on the telemetry, after a couple of mins the Dynamics struggle to deliver 35A at WOT but the Multiplex and Zippy can still give over 40A at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been using the 3S 2200's for the past 3 months. Whilst I don't have any metered measurements, they perform really well in my AcroMaster. Vertical climbs that test my eyesight and up to 10 minute flight times depending on how hard I fly.

No sign of any swelling and only come down slightly warm even after quite vigorous use.

At £10.50 each, they are really good value for money.

I agree Dave, great value for money. They have performed really well. You just need to check weights from different batches as they can affect the CoG. I'm only a beginner at this RC lark and couldn't understand why my flying was up and down. Well, that's my excuse!!! Having throttled back a bit, I'm getting 40%+ left after 8 mins or so flying with a BL2820/7 Emax motor in my ePioneer trainer. Will certainly buy more at the prices they are but will just keep an eye on the weights.

• 3 months later...

I can only add positive responses for these cells.

I've been using 3S 2200s regularly, taking 90% of the charge out of them on most occasions with no noticeable lack of capacity or performance since buying my first one just after Hobby Stores started stocking them. I wouldn't have any idea of the number of cycles on my little Extra - I lost count months ago.

A 2200 4 cell has always performed better than a Turnigy Nanotech which I bought a week or two before the first 4 cell version for a Max Thrust F18 which I bought on a whim at last year's Wings and Wheels. I always take this with me to the field - it flies in virtually any conditions - and I take 90% out in 3 1/2 minutes. It must have flown over half the flights I've had with this model - out twice a week over 9 months or more.

Edited By Martin Harris on 10/03/2014 16:36:33

• 6 months later...

So just as an update to my Dynamic LiPo's - have two 4S4500's which have now done 45 and 40 flights, average discharge is down to about 20% and then charged at 1C. Provide about 8min of mixed flying on my FunFly, so not to hard a life and with no signs of puffing. However one of the LiPos now has one lead disconnected on the balance tap at the cell end, not the balance plug end, so I can only charge and not balance charge. The balance tap wires seem to be solid core rather than the stranded core I am more used to.

Also has anyone got experience of the new Dynamic ESC yet, any comments etc.. would be welcome..

Posted by Redex on 09/10/2014 15:17:24:

However one of the LiPos now has one lead disconnected on the balance tap at the cell end, not the balance plug end, so I can only charge and not balance charge. The balance tap wires seem to be solid core rather than the stranded core I am more used to.

Funny that, just happened to one of my 3200 mah 3s ones as well. On a positive note though, while they still don't have quite the same punch as a similar age MPX 3200 mah 3s lipo in the same plane, they have held up well and if anything are performing slightly better than when they were new.