A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out

GrahamC

Advert

Hi FB3 I've used SCOTCH CRYSTAL without any problems. I plane the aileron to a 45 degree on the bottom side, then stick it to the top of the wing first and then bend aileron right over to rest on top of the wing and put a piece right around from bottom of wing.

image.jpg

image.jpg

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 09/11/2014 11:27:22

Edited By brfc7 on 09/11/2014 11:28:05

Hi John, thanks for the info, it looks like a sheet of Mylar to me ? where did the furry bit come in. I'm looking into different methods for small models as I usually have no probs. with the bigger models. Looking at the idea of taping the elevator, but using my normal mylar hinges and Cyano on ailerons as they are thicker.. Cheers

Edited By fly boy3 on 09/11/2014 19:56:23

Edited By fly boy3 on 09/11/2014 19:57:07

Thank you John. To give myself a fair start, I am going for the 200watt option. With a 2.2 mAh battery for test purposes the model comes to 18 oz. AUW With suitable gear probably will go up a bit. Do I really need a battery this big ? Cheers. ps,as an ic man, this is the only battery I have anyway at the moment LoL.

• 1 month later...

pushy cat 2 008.jpgpushy cat 2 004.jpgpushy cat 2 002.jpgHi John & Ken,

Well I have gone and done it as my old American flying buddies would say!
I have made another Pushy, well you know it goes!
All I need now is a nice day for her maiden.
Have used the same 2200 mAh battery and the same KD 2217-2200 Kv motor
as before with a 6 x 4 prop which Pushy # 1 did well on!
Time will tell have added a couple of pics.
pushy cat 2 001.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well my Mk1 pushy cat went in due to loss of radio signal yesterday sad It was my own fault. I have put a frsky hack module into a friends Futaba 7c as had done my own over a year ago the only difference this time was I put the aerial in a different place. Not thinking anything of it I flew my PC to test all was well with the TX and it wasn't. On further investigation I found that the aerial didn't screw far enough in to its housing due to the plastic on tx body been thicker on the new place and their for massively reducing signal. Never mind you learn from your mistakes.

pc death.jpg

SO IT's ON TO MK2 smiley

Mk2 1

Found some balsa left over from my candoo build so had enough to do one complete wing, both tailbooms and the tailplane yes These were done so much quicker than the first time as I now know that things don't need to be millimetre perfect and 100% to plan just as long as both sides are the same yes

Mk2 2

Also got the formers done as had to buy a massive sheet of ply last time. As my MK1 I've made F2 with straight sides, without the cutouts for the ply doublers as again these will be replaced with 1/8 balsa doublers slotted in after sides and bottom sheeting is glued together. Another slight change was to enlarge the cutout of F3 to be the size of F1 and that way you get two for one wink F4 is about 4mm wider just to allow a bit more room for the motor and you'll also see I've made a ply motor mount as like last time I don't want motor attached to F4.

Hopefully get some more wood this week and get cracking.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 03/05/2015 16:07:03

Edited By brfc7 on 03/05/2015 16:09:14

bfrc

I am so happy with my PC (using a Naca 0008 section) I have been contemplating making a bigger version with wheels.

It is such a well behaved model, the proportions are so spot on, they seem to be totally optimised.