A place for Pushy Cat builders to hang out

GrahamC

Advert

"Right conditions"? Traditionally most of my maiden flights seem to take place in a howling gale. Not sure why, it's just the way it always seems to work out!

Anyway, the PC isn't fussy about weather conditions. And a bit of a breeze makes the launch even easier, just don't launch it crosswind - I've come to grief a couple of times by being too casual with the launch and launching 45 degrees off the wind direction. That doesn't usually end well... embarrassed

Posted by Andy Palmer on 04/05/2015 08:31:21:

I'm getting tempted by all these photos. They look pretty simple to build and they obviously fly well...time to clear the building board!

Andy

Go for it Andy, my mk1 PC was the first time I'd built off a plan it really is a simple job. Plus you've the benefit of all the tips from here

Baz

well the bespoke PC I was on about yesterday - is now in the repair shop after the owner(me) flew too far away and became dis orientated and then Isaac newton's bit took over....the ground helped to remove the nose etc....not too bad and will be fixed shortly...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. kulou

dead pc.jpg

ken Anderson...ne...1 repair dept....

Bad luck Ken, know how that feels and also know how easy the PC is to loose sight of.

Maybe a slightly different colour scheme would be handy on the underside?

Talking of loosing it my Can-Doo is the same! Good luck with the rebuild and happy landings.

I've spent much of the last couple of days reading forum posts, gleaning information from lots of you guys, and reading the original magazine article that has been posted online. I was wondering whether to ask my clubmates to look through their old mags for the plan or just to bite the bullet and buy one, but then I had a brainwave, check my own back issues. Bingo, I have the original mag complete with the plan!

On Thursday we go away for a week but back in time for the Blackbushe show on the 16th so I might have to buy a few bits and pieces...

Andy

2nd session on my Mk2 Pushycat tonight.

Got the second wings bits cut out after buying some more wood yesterday, Both wings pieces glued together ready for profiling. Fuz sides cut out and then all the formers glued in including motor former with motor already installed. Finally the tail booms and tailplane were all glued together nice and square, Just leaving the glue to dry overnight holding the spruce square to the bottom of booms.

Mk2 3

Next job is to profile the wings and instal elevator servo ply mount yes

baz

Edited By brfc7 on 06/05/2015 22:17:12

• 2 weeks later...

Got a lot done since my last update as the actual woodwork on the model is done yes

Mk2 4

Those of you who know the PC will notice that I haven't done the canopy / front deck to plan. The idea behind this is just to make the build a bit easier and quicker as I've just used once piece of 3/8th sheet shaped where as to plan it is about 3 laminations of 3/8 sheet. Now I'm sure it will fly fine but I'm not sure on the way it looks. So I think I'll just finish it as it is and then decide on fitting some sort of canopy later.

baz

No their isn't a canopy on plan. I should have said top hatch but on my first PC I built it looked like a canopy as I had it covered black on a white fuz. But I am thinking of buying a pre made plastic canopy of some sorts.

baz

Baz... Chuck a 400 watt motor in devilcheeky

My fibre glass fuzz pushy was doing about 450 watts...  Ken was there when the motor mount delaminated itself away from the fuz mid flight and shredded the whole model up in the sky...  Quite spectacular surprise

photo 1.jpg

Edited By Craig Carr on 19/05/2015 22:45:40

Hi John, my PC has been ready for a long time, it is my first pusher config. and although I have read the ease of launching it (under arm) I still have reservations. May have to bite the bullet soon. I do not think it is fair to ask another member to do it for me, although I know a few who have offered. Cheers