30CC SBACH 342

I just read that too. but John, don't they supply a template for DLE 30? I got the impression they do and that guy used the wrong template?

I just noticed that you cannot change the angle of your motor with washers because it is too close to the cowl already - moving the engine up would help that..

Rich

Advert

this might be the answer - look at the angle of the spinner to cowl....

**LINK**

check out post #12 "I installed it and set the cowl on the motor came out dead center like it shold but the cowl itself has way to much angle on the spinner ring. over 7* downthrust when run on the thrust line of the plane. irritates me but no one else really notice"

reading that thread you've got nothing to worry about as you are, the guy said it flew great!

Edited By Rich2 on 01/02/2014 15:44:06

Edited By Rich2 on 01/02/2014 15:46:07

Indeed! At least they are consistent!!

No BEB, I agree with you, it can't be measured accurately but the thread I found above reported the same issues as John. there is obviously some issues with the angle on the front of that cowl - others reported the same in the thread.

and the cowl line should in theory be 90 degress or thereabouts

Edited By Rich2 on 01/02/2014 16:27:55

Edited By Rich2 on 01/02/2014 16:30:55

to be honest I dont think this problem is related to the engine box at all , after comparing photos from other sites and reading similar posts I think the problem lies with the cowl . with the fuse level as per martns diagram the engine while looking from the side with cowl off definately has downthrust , and while looking from the top , plan view , the engine definately has right side thrust .

Posted by john melia 1 on 01/02/2014 16:33:56:

to be honest I dont think this problem is related to the engine box at all , after comparing photos from other sites and reading similar posts I think the problem lies with the cowl . with the fuse level as per martns diagram the engine while looking from the side with cowl off definately has downthrust , and while looking from the top , plan view , the engine definately has right side thrust .

I agree John.

Posted by iqon on 01/02/2014 18:32:21:
Posted by john melia 1 on 01/02/2014 18:29:22:

mark I'm in the process of re-shaping the front of the cowl .

cymaz I'm sure you're trying to flog me one smile p

I think he has a box full, never felt the need for one myself

me neither, so long as it flies, that's good enough for me wink

congrats there john........look's like you've been had by the little lad's across the watter with that there s/bach ......take your time with the maiden flight-I would do it without the cowling on...to make sure the the motor box is where it should be...then do the fettling up with the cowel......

ken Anderson.....ne....1...... fettling up dept.