precedent T240

Advert

20140117_001153.jpg20140117_001210.jpgNice one mike yes sounds yours will be STOL compared to mine! wink

Well, tail section stripped, after turning the fues upside down I noticed some detritus had been left in the carpet....

Looks suspiciously like evidence of the rodent kind..

Cut side if fues covering near the rear to find one small section of longeron has been nibbled into a nice triangular shape!

Not anything to panic about but amusing I thought!

It must be a mouse as the droppings are minute, I also found many small nut husks!

20140117_001138.jpg

I would, you have mice dropping out of itwink.

I bought an unflown DB Bistormer a few years ago. It had been in a loft for years. It was covered in nylon and dope and full of mouse nesting material. I thought if it was dry enough for mice then the air frame would be dry too.

I would strip it - I know its not a nice job and tedious. On a serious note make sure the mice haven't chewed through something structurally important.

my t240 was powered by an sc 108 which is a good match for this plane. using flaps is great fun especially in a bit of wind. the mate who taught me to fly had the biggest grin i have ever seen, as he was bringing it down into wind with almost no forward speed on full flap on tick over. she is fitted with an old 35mm camera, this photo is her taking her owqn shadow.ps she now wears an old 20cc petrol engine.shadow

Posted by john stones 1 on 17/01/2014 12:14:54:
Posted by David Davis on 17/01/2014 11:39:23:

Bit of aeromodelling trivia for you.

What's the difference between the T240 wing and tail and the original Karl-Heinz Denzin Senior Telemaster flying surfaces?

The clue is in the picture underneath.

STM 06/06/10

hard to tell David

is chord a bit narrower ?

No difference, they are exactly the same enlightened

I've been told by an unimpeachable authority that they are exactly the same but wild horses and waterboarding wouldn't make me reveal my source!

The Senior Telemaster in the picture features the "Mark 2" Barn Door Wing. The main difference between this wing and the original is that the prototype Senior Telemaster and the first production run, had D box section wings and tails, i.e, sheet balsa between the leading edge and the main spar of both components. Then the price of balsa went up, so to maintain profit margins the producers introduced the "turbulator" strips between the leading edge and main spar of the wing and dispensed with the tailplane's D box altogether. The T240 has reverted to the D box wing and tail, while turbulators have remained a feature of Senior Telemasters ever since.

The ailerons and flaps are not fitted in the picture of the "works" TSUK Senior Telemaster under construction, that's why the chord looks narrower. The port wing's aileron and flap are on the carpet in the upper left quadrant of the picture.

Edited By David Davis on 17/01/2014 13:59:40