Does anyone keep budgies?

Depron Daz

Advert

We always had budgies when we were kids, then when we all grew up and moved out Dad started escalating things, eventually building an aviary in the garden and keeping all manner of small birds.

As a teenager my personal birds were a cockatiel and a sparrow (rescued from the cat).

Edited By Bob Cotsford on 05/02/2014 10:26:11

i never really cared for birds as pets but I inherited a budgie that was caught in the wild in australia when I was at sea.

I had the damn thing six months before it would even take seeds from my fingers though it loved the taste of my fingers and after about 9 months it would actually perch on my hand and then fly back to it's cage. Left the ship then and don't know how it turned out. Never crossed my mind to get a tame one. (BTW even back then in the 70's it was illegal to take wild birds in OZ, don't know how the thing got on the ship).

You lot are funny :D

I have had thoughts about sharing my model room with an indoor aviary. Now that I have my large building table, my first length of worktop isn't used apart from being a dumping ground because I'm too lazy to put bits away. This would give me a 6 feet length with about 4.5 feet height and about 2.5 feet in depth. If I do start then I'll only have 4 birds in there............. for now