Phoenix update

Glenn Stratton

Advert

There is still quite a long list of bugs I have supplied that have not yet made it to a release, even in "g", just a few examples

Try and shut down the flying site choice window by the red cross, does it?

Select the Sea Ranger Heli, does it have any graphics, or is it plain white?

Land the BO-105 Arctic in Desert Mesa while still in forward flight, the combination of inflatable floats and rough desert surface should trip it up............but it skids on for ages and ages like ice?

Fly "through" yourself, used to crash the model to penalise you for dangerous flying, does it now?

Posted by Dave Bran on 25/02/2014 21:08:26:
Posted by Tony F on 25/02/2014 20:02:11:

I wish they would mention this before the auto download starts Ian...gets rather annoying doesn't it ?

From their update news page..= **LINK**

Tony

Edited By Tony F on 25/02/2014 20:03:14

Have you told them so? It should be windowed info and a choice made to continue. I HAVE!!!!

I most certainly have....4 times now....going to make it 8 times before the evening is out !!!!

Well I now have 5h and as they say on their website , they have definately changed the physics on the models , inparticular the sbach 342 , cant speak for the other models cos I aint using them at the minute .

Now I dont know if this change is a good thing or a bad thing , because throughout the last week I've found prop hanging very changelling , and I could only manage it for around 15secs , but today after the latest upgrade, I can prop hang at least 3 times that.

So was the original physics closer to the real thing , or is this newest change closer to the real thing , I hope they havent changed the physics just to make the model easier to control , because of all the complaints .

Can anyone who can actually prop hang confidently outside with a real model confirm this for me ......... please wink 2

Posted by Tony F on 25/02/2014 21:25:45:
Posted by Dave Bran on 25/02/2014 21:08:26:
Posted by Tony F on 25/02/2014 20:02:11:

I wish they would mention this before the auto download starts Ian...gets rather annoying doesn't it ?

From their update news page..= **LINK**

Tony

Edited By Tony F on 25/02/2014 20:03:14

Have you told them so? It should be windowed info and a choice made to continue. I HAVE!!!!

I most certainly have....4 times now....going to make it 8 times before the evening is out !!!!

Just had feedback that it will be done.

Posted by john melia 1 on 26/02/2014 12:49:53:

Can anyone who can actually prop hang confidently outside with a real model confirm this for me ......... please wink 2

OK.................

As you'd expect, the ease and closeness to real world varies model by model.

The Max 3D is now on the latest 5.0h issue is very close control wise to a couple of my tamer models, however, its a little short on power and control response (by comparison with my real ones). I needed to alter thrust in fine tuning (only) to 160% to get the punch my models have.

The DA Edge is a little larger and heavier than mine, so you'd expect it to be a bit more stable........and it is. Again it is down on the punch I'd expect to have available to lift out of a hang, 130% thrust being closer to the mark (no other changes at all).

There is nothing really in the Sim as it stands to compare my tuned 91 30% nitro burning 2St Panic Biplane to, the Ultimate is way off the power and the manouverability (I have 90 degree rudder and 70 degree each way aileron and elevator throws, for example). I could I suppose try to adapt the Ultimate if you really want to see!!

I have just updated to 5h and after a quick play on it am happy enough.
I find the models I usually use a little easier to fly as if rates/expo have been changed. You can easily do tail slides with some of them and accelerate straight back up which I am sure you couldn't but I am a beginner so don't know what reality is like laugh am sure the realism on crashes and model tweaks will come.

Graphics look a little better on max settings on a good spec PC.

Posted by Dave Bran on 26/02/2014 15:55:26:
Posted by john melia 1 on 26/02/2014 15:34:18:

Thanks dave , could you have a bash with the ultimate yes

Just found some massive not to say HUGE bugs in Model Edit, so no, will have to flag these first!!!

Hmm i've just tried to increase the throws on ailerons and when i tried it the ailerons where now elevators crook