eBay - is it just me?

Jez Harris 1

My flabber is well and truely gastered....

I put several items on ebay on Sunday - several of them have sold as they had buy it now prices and I have been paid for them.

All had "collection only" in the description and in the postage section.

So far tonight I have had one call asking if I will deliver their purchase to Sussex as they are busy for the next 3-4 weeks and "also it was quite expensive wasnt it?"- I live in Birmingham - Yeah course I will - anything to save you time and money!

Another has TOLD me he will be here tomorrow at 11am - err I work you know! He got quite grumpy!!

Another has phoned me to TELL me he has arranged a courier for either tomorrow or wednesday - Err again I work..

Somone has called to say although it was a buy it now - he would actually like to swap something for the item instead - I dont actually want his little metal car trailer with a nice new top box...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Is it a full moon or have I unwittingly ticked a "This seller will do whatever you deem necessary" box somewhere??

I cannot believe the cheek and the assumptions that people make - dont they realise that not everyone selling on ebay is a shop?

Jez

Advert

I've sold a few planes on ebay, and said "Collection Only", all been picked up by their owners no problem, except one, where I did actually deliver it in person, as I had a site job(miles away) about 5 mins away from their address and delivered it on a sunday morning, one day after the auction end.

Some people are daft.

TBH Jez - I'd just greet all that with a polite but firm "no". Point out the T&C's you stipulated and remind them they formed part of the purchase contract and have 7 days to collect their purchase. I'd also be tempted to alert ebay to what is happening - "get in" first! Not as a complaint as yet - but as a question "Surely this isn't reasonable? etc."

Afterall - you have their money! The only way they could get it back would be to start a complaint against you - once eBay see the clearly marked "collect only" surely they haven't got a leg to stand on.

If the buyer who is specifying his time says "well I did try to collect" you just point out that "collect" means within reason at a mutually convenient time. I'd be tempted to bluff this out. (Says he with a grand total of two eBay sales to his credit! wink 2)

BEB

I've had quite a few, usually with folk saying "I know the item is starting bid of £10 but will you take £2?"

or my personal favourite:

"I paid £400 for the jewellery but I've weighed it and the scrap gold price is £150. I want a partial refund plus scrap valuation expenses so I want £300 back".

Gotta love the ridiculous at times.

That's easy. I sold an old combi boiler. I printed off the ebay sales notification took the vehicle details and the drivers name then got him to sign it as proof.

I think most folk know to wait for cheques to clear first.

Edited By John F on 01/04/2014 10:44:41