Blackbushe Model Airshow 2014 (Sat 17th May)

Advert

You had me worried for a minute then, Dom. Seeing the videos, I thought I must have missed this year's show! But obviously not... it's not for another 6 weeks.

It's one of my more local shows, so a 'must attend' one for me, to kick off the summer season.

In case anybody needs more convinving, here's my video from last year of Ali's fantastic Lightning - with part of the commentary, including some interesting insights into the model, from Ali himself.

And also from the show, Ali's absurdly quick jet powered Opus "glider" smile o

(And is that "Dom"'s model in the background in the closing frames, or have I confused him with somebody else?)

And finally,  mustn't forget the superb Red Arrows pair flown by Steve and Matt Bishop!

Edited By John Privett on 06/04/2014 15:18:48

• 1 month later...

A good day indeed, and Dom got his wish granted when he said earlier, "Hoping will be a bit warmer this year." teeth 2

I'm south-east based, so for me the big local shows are Blackbushe, Wings 'n' Wheels (North Weald, 28/29 June) and the Southern Model Show (Headcorn, 13/14 September)

Not quite so local for me in the Nationals (Barkston Heath, Aug. bank holiday w/end) which I fully intend to visit thi year, for at least one day, having almost got there last year!

John: It was a beautiful day, we had to keep periodiclly keep walking round the trade stands or we'd have cooked. I'm south based too, so both of those you've linked look easy to get to.

Ceejay: I'd love to go the nats, but don't like the idea of travelling all that way on a bank holiday

Kevin: what a terrible shame, that very first aircraft, I'll never forget the stunned .5 minute silence and then the commentator's "... what I was about to say was that it took 3000 hours to build'. The Paratech machines were fantastic.

Really was a great show this year except obviously for the losses of the Extra, helis and warbirds in the Horizon slot. The canopy on my Euro departed early on my first flight so the gremlins nearly got to me as well. My subsequent 2 flights of my 'angry bird' Futura were very enjoyable. All in all a great start to the 2014 show season and looking forward to Long Marston in 2 weeks time. - Dom

Posted by Kevin Wilson on 19/05/2014 17:47:08:

I took 2 very short clips of landings as my camera was running out of battery.

I got a few stills, but all from my point & shoot.

I have no idea how to get them on here though

That's why we provide these, Kevin....wink 2

Pete

Well it was a pretty expensive day at Blackbushe, not for me for a change, for once I didn't buy anything.

Steve Carr did some hefty damage to his 1/2 scale extra, 2 x £2000k Thunderbolts got too close for comfort and a few helicopters tried to fly beyond the Tarmac.

A good show again, great flying (although there was a few more crashes than normal which was a shame)

My only whinge and this is a reflection on the hobby in general, a total lack of builders models, everything was polystyrene or moulded. The only excuse for moulded was the performance sailplanes but it is sad that there were very few kits of interest available.

Edited By Alex Gow 1 on 19/05/2014 19:56:15

Edited By Alex Gow 1 on 19/05/2014 19:58:08

Posted by john stones 1 on 19/05/2014 12:58:07:

Any footage of these gliders fella's ?

John

I haven't started doing anything with the video, but I'll have something eventually...

Meanwhile, here's some photos from the day, if I can remember how to post images on here from flickr. (Might take me a few tries...)

We'll start with some of the Paritech models;

Edited By John Privett on 19/05/2014 21:10:37

Edited By John Privett on 19/05/2014 21:16:03

• 4 weeks later...