Danny's "poor mans Spitty"

Danny Fenton

• 3 weeks later...
Advert

Hi Danny,

I know that I am a year late starting but I have been chewing over what to build next for some time and I have finally settled on the DB Chippie, aided by the fact that there is a 15% discount on the full parts set at the moment. All of my models so far have been electric and I would like to go the same way with the Chippie (although I reckon it would look and sound good with a nice 4 stroke) and I see that you have gone the same way with a Turnigy 4240.

The 100 watts per pound rule of thumb has served me well so far and I have seen that the Chippie weight is about 5kg (11 lb) that would make my power requirement 1100 watts whilst you have 830. Whilst a suitable motor is not a problem, having not yet seen the full size plan, I question whether a. I need so much power and b. could I get a suitably sizes battery in for a realistic flight time.

I would appreciate your comments.

Cheers Richard

Hi chaps, sorry for the lack of updates have not had a lot of spare time and the little i have had has been spent flying a foamy Hurricane in preparation for a maiden that really needs to happen. I have also been knocking together an electric control line model to see if i can still spin around and around without collapsing!
Hi Richard and welcome to the Chippy build. I am not sure where you got your weight premis from but mine is currently just under 5lbs but a battery will need adding to that. Most seem to have come out at around 8lbs, so using your 100 watts per pound should give you 600 - 800 watts for lazy aeros
Please start a thread in the Chippy section so we can follow your adventure
Cheers
Danny

Okay not something you often see with me I know, a completed model!!! Don't pass out with astonishment, it is nothing much. Not a rivet in sight

It is a Hangar 9 PT 19 control liner. 55" span for a 35 i.c. of course I have fitted a far more reliable power source. This will see if I can still swivel around and around without collapsing..... Might change the reciever for something less valuable hence the tape temporarily retaining the aerial for now.

hangar 9 pt 19 cl2.jpg

Just need the weather and a "pass" out to co-incide and we will give it a whirl........ literally......

Cheers

Danny

Posted by Danny Fenton on 09/10/2015 17:26:30:

Ha ha very funny Stevo

dsc_5016 (large).jpg

We are getting closer to the end of this build, still a few little bits and pieces to do, but the end is in sight

Cheers

Danny

Edited By Danny Fenton on 09/10/2015 17:27:37

Thats a real one !!,!,

I'll second Cymaz' comment... it's a 'old recolored picture' of a real one, for sure.

Exceptional & dedicated skills at all levels of modeling & splendid crafting.

Bravo, Monsieur.

Chris

Brussels, Belgium

ps > I only witnessed 'control line' flying way back in time, but please Mr Fenton, NO control line with this ship...