New Spektrum DX6 Owners' Thread

Paul Marsh

I'd recommend you format the SD card before you use it as some of the update problems folk have encountered have been due to not having a nice clean install. I assume you are on Windows. If so, insert the SD card and click on 'Computer'. It should show the SD card in the panel. Right click on the SD card symbol and click 'Format' in the drop-down menu. Make sure file type is FAT and do NOT select the Quick Format option.

It may take some minutes.

When that is done, copy the downloaded software v1.02 file to the card. Properly eject the card by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Eject' from the drop-down menu. If you do not do this correctly, you run the risk of the update not working.

Only do one update at a time, software first, then delete the remaining file on the SD card before you copy the v1.07 sound file across.

Doing it this way gives you the best chance of not encountering any problems.

Let us know how it goesthumbs up

Pete

Some possibilities here which may explain the flashing:

If the backlight is flashing continuously, it means that there is a problem processing the update file. Causes are:

a) The serial number of the file on the card does not match the serial number in the radio. To resolve this, check the website serial against the one in your radio.
b) The file on the card is corrupted. This is usually caused by not executing the "Eject" command properly. See the "How To" PDF (below the orange "UPDATE" button) for details.
c) The card is bad, or
d) The card is in some way incompatible with the radio. The solution for (c) and (d) is to replace the card with a known-good card.

I would think the chances are that b) is the most likely cause. Have you followed the procedure I suggested above?

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 07/02/2015 23:09:47:

When that is done, copy the downloaded software v1.02 file to the card. Properly eject the card by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Eject' from the drop-down menu. If you do not do this correctly, you run the risk of the update not working.

Doing it this way gives you the best chance of not encountering any problems.

Well, if you can't follow the advice........sarcastic 2

Pete

laughlaugh I've only just figured out how to post pictures, I,ve got the files on the Sd card now but no eject in sight. I click on Start, click on computer, Right click on Sd card no Eject on list. I even double click on Sd card to view files then Right click, still no eject dont know

It can be like pulling teeth, sometimes....teeth 2

Which Windows are you running - I'm on Vista but I can't imagine other versions being much different? Right-clicking may bring up Eject or 'Safely Remove'. Alternatively, the Toolbar at the bottom of your screen should be a 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon. Any of those will close the card properly and allow you to remove it.

If you've got both files in your Download folder, I'd suggest you only transfer one file to the card, as I mentioned above. Start with the v1.02 software update. That avoids any complications.

Have you downloaded and read the instructions provided by Spektrum?:

Software Update Instructions:

1. Download the file SPMTX.SAX by clicking the "Download" button.
  2. Save or copy the file from the PC to the SD card. Note: do not change the SPMTX.SAX filename or file will not auto load in Tx.
  3. Power up the Tx with the SD card installed.
  4. You should see the Spektrum logo on the main screen and a progress bar while the new software loads.
  5. Verify the new version number in the System Settings, Serial Number screen in the lower right corner.

Once you've got the software installed, turn to the sound files....

We'll get therethumbs up

Pete

In Win7 you can go to My Computer and right click on the SD card, one of the options that appear will be "Eject".

Or, as Paul says, click the tiny little up arrow, that's down on the right hand lower corner of the screen (near the battery state and speaker icons).

That little up arrow (called show hidden icons) should open a little window.

eject button.jpg

When you have that little window, click on the icon that looks like a USB plug with a tick.

Then click Eject SD card.

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 08/02/2015 19:11:03

Nah, giving up isn't an option.....face 5

It doesn't literally 'eject' the card from the laptop, trebor..... it just closes down the card so that the files are intact and useableteeth 2

OK, so replace the card in your laptop, open it and let us know what files you have on the card. It should be: 'SPMTX.SAX'.

If you have the sound file, that should be 'English_v1_07.svx'

Pete