Hobbyking delivery

Yep, May 1 Order was fine, but all subsequent orders hung somewhere. There was an issue with POS Malaysia following the discovery of Smoke Bombs being sent through the system in late MAY, HK issued a notice advising of delays and that backlog should be cleared by end June!!

If you login to your HK account and look at your order history, you should see a tracking number on the order line, it will usually double click onto the tracking providers page, you may need to enter the tracking number again.

if is MY post you will see a tracking number like this RR154147789MY, the MY indicates is Malaysia Post, do not expect to get a result on most enquiries though.

If you go for the cheapest shipping option, $2.99 IIRC, I'm pretty sure that isn't tracked. Most others are.

You should have an email headed 'Your parcel has been sent from the HobbyKing.com warehouse!' The email should start like this:

Hi
This is an email to inform you that your item has been dispatched from our warehouse.
TRK#: RC00737xxxxMY

That is the tracking number. It doesn't provide a direct link to to the tracking page but if you go to your order list on the Hobbyking site, clicking on that same number, found against your order, takes you to the POS site.

This is where I encountered a small glitch with my last, small order, which has been held up. That link provides you with a field to track a parcel and my tracking number was not found. HK customer service suggested I click on the PosDaftar category - that worked, so it seems that small packets are treated differently.

Pete

Thanks chaps......... Putting your advice into practice I find that it was "Shipped" on 7th June and the POS site says that it was "Posted over the counter" on 20th June......... 'Wonder what happened in between? I have written to HK to ask for an explanation though I am not holding my breath. dont know

Paul

Pete , Thanks very useful, thanks, tells me one is on way but not yet in Heathrow and the other still in a heap in a warehouse!! 

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 02/07/2014 14:27:32

Here's the progress on mine:

capture.jpg

Seems everything ground to a halt at the counter mid-June, given that mine was 'despatched' on 11th, so there must have been an awfully big pile of parcels at the counter...smile o

At least it's on its way nowthumbs up

Pete

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 02/07/2014 13:56:35:

This is where I encountered a small glitch with my last, small order, which has been held up. That link provides you with a field to track a parcel and my tracking number was not found. HK customer service suggested I click on the PosDaftar category - that worked, so it seems that small packets are treated differently.

Pete

D'Oh! How PosDaftar is that? No wonder I couldn't get the site to admit to any knowledge of my parcel - even after it had arrived here! At least I'll know next time...

Yep, their change in courier has affected delivery times no

I've emailed them and although quick to respond they point out that delivery can take up to 39 days crying

I have been unable to fly my P47 due to waiting for retracts - ordered 3 June.....

Rich

Never had much to complain about before, but this time looks different. Order paid on 4/6 and HK say its been shipped 6/6. But, Pos Malaysia still has it as 'posted over the counter' 20/6. Whats with this delay? I don't wait the 45 day period from payment for a PayPal dispute, 40 days is long enough. I feel a PayPal dispute coming on. If more people registered a PayPal dispute then possibly HK would reconsider its shipping arrangements.

This is not an HK problem but a POS Malaysia one

Toby Jun 17 Announcements

Malaysia Post have advised that there might be a slight delay on shipping times for parcels travelling through Malaysia, Kuala Lumpar International Airport.

The reason for this congestion in Malaysia is that Malaysia Airlines have to conduct random checks on parcels to see if they contain dangerous goods. This is a reaction to recent news whereby a company was found to be sending smoke bombs and flares through the mail without registering them as dangers goods. As a result, Malaysia Airlines have been asked to conduct randoms checks by IATA (the International Air Traffic Authority).

HobbyKing is assured by Malaysia Post that the slow down caused will be fixed this week and the backlog cleared by the end of June (two weeks).

For more info **LINK**

Many thanks for the info. But, its now July and as my order is still in KLIA (Pos Malaysia info) they obviousely have not cleared the backlog by the end of June. Also, there is no way I would loose my PayPal protection by delaying registering a dispute. Disputes can easily be cancelled if the issue is resolved, so why hesitate.

Still waiting. Worth pointing out that the 39 days is business days not including weekends.

I know this is slightly off thread but hey; I started it, Tim @ Model Markings here's the Moth. It may cheer some as they wait for their order, including me.

20140620_160829 - copy.jpg

20140519_130355.jpg

20140513_212810.jpg

Edited By Spice Cat on 03/07/2014 09:43:01

Spice Cat - Thanks for sharing your Moth picture, still one of my favourite planes.

On the HK front, while POS Malaysia is a total mess, an order placed with HK International on Mon this week using the delivery via SCS is on the Farcel Force Truck out for delivery already!!. I will not be using the HK international post option until POS Malaysia sort themselves, and Paypal disputes will be opened if the outstanding orders are not delivered soon

Lucky you! Mine hasn't moved....

Tracking Shipments Track | Back

Detail result for Registered No : RC007222735MY

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 13/07/2014 21:18:32

Obviously taking the slow boat........

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 13/07/2014 21:26:32