Hobbyking delivery

Posted by Essjay on 18/07/2014 13:20:11:

Received a parcel fron the HK international warehouse this morning (18th), which was posted on the 4th. I don't think 2 weeks is a bad effort.

Steve

Still waiting on one sent on the 6th sad

Mine's coming via Singpost - 1 Rx and a load of micro receiver leads; still saying posted to...

Sorry to keep resurrecting this one. Received this from HK yesterday. Does anyone know of the top mans address? I sometimes find going straight to the top can get some action. September 14th?? Then what??

Regards.

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern about the tracking of the parcel you placed in order (***********). I understand that you are well concerned on what happened with the parcel that is supposed to be with your possession right now and we apologize for the inconvenience this incident may have brought you.

Since you have mentioned that you have referred to the local post office/ customs office and they don’t have your parcel, An investigation regarding the whereabouts of your parcel is on going. This may take 2 months process.

If for any instance that you haven’t heard any updates from us until 14th of September 2014, Please contact us right away so that we can further assist you in resolving the issue.

We deeply appreciate your continuous patronage of our services and products. For further assistance, kindly contact us through our live chat support 24/7.

Regards,

Daryl G.
HobbyKing Support Team

Seems like Malaysia Post is the problem, so why do HK keep using them? It just antagonizes their customers. Over 40 days for one item back in April, then only 15 days for another order that came by Singapore Post. Just placed another order and guess what? Malaysia Post again...........been waiting three weeks and only just been dispatched to blighty.

UK warehouse is very good, never more than a couple of days to wait, but limited stock of many items. I don't mind paying a bit more for a decent delivery service but HK don't give you many options.

If it's not in UK or EU warehouses, or if I need something pronto, then I'll not be bothering with the Global warehouse for the time being.

If you're at one of the shows where HK are attending, go and bend their ear and tell them how you feel about the decline in service. I had a long conversation with with one of their guys at Duxford and urged them to feed back how disgruntled their customers are becoming. I'll be speaking to them again at the Nats, so if you're there, give them your 2p's worth as well.

Make sure a Paypal dispute is opened when the 39 working days are up (or even a bit before) PayPal must register the level of dissatisfaction and perhaps put pressure on businesses to improve their act.

RCM&E how about looking into all this..............or is it too much of a hot potato?

Edited By Cuban8 on 23/07/2014 11:47:26

Spice Cat, first of all there's no way of getting in touch directly with Anthony Hand (no boss is ever going to publicly post his e-mail).

Secondly, the delay over any possible refunds is down to POS Malaysia. They have to declare a package to be 'lost' and then, in turn they pay compensation to the seller - that's standard procedure no matter who the carrier is Ther are far too many fraudsters (and note I'm not saying that's what you are) who would claim non-delivery for any firm to refund the cash without investigation and, as it's the carrier who does the investigation, that's where the delay comes in

Cuban8 - as far as I know Singapore Post is an option now for deliveries as well as SCS. Are you saying you picked a different carrier and it was then sent by POS Malaysia or that there were no alternatives?

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 23/07/2014 11:52:38:

Cuban8 - as far as I know Singapore Post is an option now for deliveries as well as SCS. Are you saying you picked a different carrier and it was then sent by POS Malaysia or that there were no alternatives?

There is no option to choose the carrier, only the level (and cost) of service. HK chooses the company.

something seems to be interfering with my previous post.

the e mail addy is the name I mentioned, with a dot in the middle @hextronic.com.

(Edited so that automatic email address harvesting for spam purposes, can't pick up the address)

Edited By Chris Bott - Moderator on 23/07/2014 17:29:49

OK

Ordered from Hobbyking Global Warehouse 14 July

Packed and dispatched 21 July

E-mail from SCS saying arrived in Europe today 23 July

Will be dispatched for delivery at least 24 hours after payment of 24% (20% vat +4% handling charge) by paypal. Delivery to take 3-4 days.

So, for a spend of $125, I have an additional Euros 30 to pay

Considering the postage was $45 I think I will avoid the Global warehouse in future - I only used it because a few of the items I wanted were not available on the UK warehouse.

Note- If the value had been above $210 an additional duty of 4.7%would also have been liable.

That's down to the government really - they set the VAT and that gets charged on any item or items valued at over £15. You also have to pay a brokerage fee to the carrier (and if it had been Parcel Farce/Royal Snail that would have been 8 quid on its own.

Different countries have different limits (and VAT rates). I think the UK limit before import duty kicks in is in the region of £1,000 (I could be wrong but I've never anywhere near that amount to find out)

Word of warning, last week it seems German/Euro customs officers inspected ALL HK parcels with SCS and shipping invoices were check against actual web prices.....something I have never heard of before, lot's of people were pretty miffed due to the length of time this investigation took (parcels were held for around 8 days).

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 23/07/2014 14:53:30:

There is no option to choose the carrier, only the level (and cost) of service. HK chooses the company.

That's rather strange because I get this:

Direct Channel, DHL and SCS do NOT go via POS Malaysia (and just as an aside, SCS handling fees on import duty are lower than the Royal Snail/Parcel Farce)

carriers.jpg

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 23/07/2014 14:55:31

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 23/07/2014 14:57:04

Fair enough, DHL & Direct to UK are shown, but Air Parcel and int registered seem to go anywhere at HK's whim, as was the case with my last two orders. Will try DHL next order.

Well, I'm afraid that if it isn't available at the European or UK warehouse, I shan't be ordering any more goods from HK - I've waited over 2 months for my last order and although Support have replied to my emails and told me it's being investigated it doesn't help me get the package.

I'm sure I won't be the only one affected by their decision (I didn't opt for Malaysia Post) to use a carrier that people are saying have a very poor reputation and make a similar choice.

It would appear that orders going via POS Malaysia in the late May to Mid June have all been caught up in the Smoke Bomb debacle. HK are smoke screening (excuse the PUN) the issue. I have later orders which have all been delivered in a reasonable time

I contacted POS direct (and they responded within 24 hours) with full details of the package tracking, essentially its gone Sea mail!! expected transit time 8 - 16 weeks!! seems that the cleared the backlog by dumping it all in a sea bound container rather than sticking it on a plane.

mail [email protected] with your tracking number, name and address details of the package and they will confirm the status

A sea container!

That would certainly explain my 38 workings days (2 months?) and counting non delivery from the International Warehouse.

38 days is the 'trip' point for HK to investigate further but they kindly point out this could itself take up to another 60 and even then they only credit the cost of items, not the postage, so when you use the credit you have to pay further postage.

I have only had one non delivery from an China Ebay supplier who replaced the item at no cost without question after 30 days and the replacement was delivered in 15.

It just HK clearly know what is going on but refuse to acknowledge it, A bit of digging and you can find out for yourself exactly what is going on.

My guess is that the package will turn up in due course (excepting any air to surface missiles that may get in the way to scupper it).

It will not stop me escalating the Paypal case into a dispute on the basis of non delivery and seeing happens!!