Hobbyking delivery

• 2 weeks later...

Received this today from HK regarding the lack of delivery of my order

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I'll be more than happy to assist you. Upon checking your order number ************, it was shipped via International (Registered) Air Mail last 19/05/2014 and the transit time is within 14-39 business days which means the holidays and weekends are not included. In addition, the tracking number of your parcel is *************MY which you may track by using this link **LINK**. As I tracked your parcel, it's shown to your tracking information that it sent to London last 26 May 2014.

We highly suggest to kindly contact your local post office or customs and check your parcel. It might be there waiting for you to claim. If you there will be no information from them, please contact us again and we will request to open an investigation to locate your parcel.

Very (un)helpful. I'll let you know what happens.

Posted by John Privett on 05/07/2014 01:20:04:

Better to sort out the forum software so it doesn't happen this way, no? dont know

Agreed. Tried to post a table of my aircraft fleet, but the forum software doesn't support Pivot Table a very basic addition that this site needs

Posted by Spice Cat on 13/07/2014 11:58:53:

Received this today from HK regarding the lack of delivery of my order

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and I'll be more than happy to assist you. Upon checking your order number ************, it was shipped via International (Registered) Air Mail last 19/05/2014 and the transit time is within 14-39 business days which means the holidays and weekends are not included. In addition, the tracking number of your parcel is *************MY which you may track by using this link **LINK**. As I tracked your parcel, it's shown to your tracking information that it sent to London last 26 May 2014.

We highly suggest to kindly contact your local post office or customs and check your parcel. It might be there waiting for you to claim. If you there will be no information from them, please contact us again and we will request to open an investigation to locate your parcel.

Very (un)helpful. I'll let you know what happens.

As its in UK, go to Parcel Forces track and trace page, input your tracking number and Robert`s your mothers brother

Thanks CNJ.

Unfortunately Parcel Farce say

'Royal Mail Signed For™ items are only scanned when the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent 1st or 2nd class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.'

After nearly forty days, I can't wait much longer.....

Thanks anyway. HobbyKing, over to you....

I'm in the same position as Spice Cat but the 45 days are up at the end of the week on my last order. NO messing about, a couple of days prior I'll register it as a dispute with PayPal and just inform HK. Then its up to them to resolve the issue within the PayPal time limit or I get my money and postage back.

Really? I tried filing one as I'm in the same situation and was told:

"Hello martin harris!

The complaint you filed (PP-003-253-xxx-xxx) was opened after our 45 day deadline and as such, regrettably, we cannot look into this claim.

It is necessary for us to cap the timeframe for opening a buyer complaint. We have found that in most cases 45 days is a sufficient timeframe for a buyer to notify PayPal that they have not received their item, or that there is a problem with the item that they have received."

Hi Martin,

That is interesting. I went into my account and started to raise a dispute, however I was informed that the time allowed from payment to raise a dispute was 180 days. I have since contacted hobbyking who are looking into the matter, and have been advised that it could take up to 8 weeks to determine what has happened to the goods and for a refund to be given. This time period is within the 180 days, however if nothing is resolved I will open a dispute.

i would certainly contact Paypal about this, I have just checked my account again and was informed of the 180 day period.

Regards

Adrian

Refer them to the T&C for UK - it definitely states here

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment (or 45 days depending on when you made the purchase) if:

• You don’t receive the item
  • You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

However, that only kicked in very recently so it's possible your dispute pre-dated that

I'm on 16 days and still nothing. Emailed HK, got a reply, but it makes as much sense as a beef stew!

Will wait until 40 days, and cancel via paypal. This was only a test order, but looks like even that is going south! So far Hobbyking is not very good. Still time for redemption.indecision

Well it continues.

Received this from HK

Good day! (No it's not)

Thank you for the information that you have provided. With regard to your order 2009275581, we apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving your order within the allotted time. Please be informed that we are not allowed to process your refund right away. I hope you understand. In line to our process, I have requested to open an investigation for you to trace your parcel. It will take 4-8 weeks to be processed the investigation. We highly suggest to kindly contact us again after 30 days for possible updates. Rest assured that we will send you an email for updates once we have all the needed information.

We highly appreciated your kindness and cooperation.

Best regards,

Rodianette
Hobbyking Support Team.

The funny part is they have sent me a customer satisfaction request. I was civil and stated that a further 4-8 weeks was unacceptable and I would raise a PayPal dispute.

Can't wait. In a sense it's nice to know I'm not alone. Out of sixty orders from HK this is the second to go adrift. The first one they refunded my money not including postage. One way of making money I suppose.

Regards

Rob

Edited By Spice Cat on 14/07/2014 10:48:08

If the Tracking says SENT TO its not yet arrived in the UK, I have had a delivery today on items dispatched 1 day later than the 'missing' package, it tracks through with an 'Arrived in London' status, the missing package still says sent to. My bet still is this one been sent Sea Mail, I will be filing the Paypal claim in any event

OK - what's actually happening is a combination of things and it's all Post Malaysia

1: They are now shipping not only Lipos but anything that arrives in the same container by ship (whether the rest of the packages contain Lipos or not). This all started after an 'investigative reporter' posted himself a package of flares and smoke bombs and then ran a 'sensational article' on how Malaysia Post was breaking regulations

2: They announced that, during Ramadan that they would only be operating Mon-Fri, 9-5

3: They were always slow to begin with - this has just made them slower

4: Their online tracking (when it works) is never accurate

The best option is not to select Post Malaysia as a carrier - it will probably be a more expensive option, but it should be faster. Either that or order from the UK or EU warehouses

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 14/07/2014 13:30:16:

OK - what's actually happening is a combination of things and it's all Post Malaysia

1: They are now shipping not only Lipos but anything that arrives in the same container by ship (whether the rest of the packages contain Lipos or not). This all started after an 'investigative reporter' posted himself a package of flares and smoke bombs and then ran a 'sensational article' on how Malaysia Post was breaking regulations

Interesting - I opted for Air Mail so there appears to be a possibility of breach of contract if they have put my (non-hazardous) package on a slow boat from China...

The best option is not to select Post Malaysia as a carrier - it will probably be a more expensive option, but it should be faster. Either that or order from the UK or EU warehouses

Or stop giving Hobbyking any more business - thankfully it isn't something that I needed desperately.

Posted by Tim @ ModelMarkings.com on 14/07/2014 13:24:49:

If the Tracking says SENT TO its not yet arrived in the UK, I have had a delivery today on items dispatched 1 day later than the 'missing' package, it tracks through with an 'Arrived in London' status, the missing package still says sent to. My bet still is this one been sent Sea Mail, I will be filing the Paypal claim in any event

The tracking status may not necessarily be updated, Tim - my order, which is still shown on the POS Malaysia site as 'Sent to Roissy Courrier International on 28th June', was delivered three days ago....smile

I placed an order in the early hours of this morning. I received the 'Your parcel has been sent' email just under 9 hours later so it seems they're getting orders out - it's just down to the carrier now.

Pete

Not necessarily Martin - try using SCS (they actually work out cheaper as their brokerage fee is less than Parcel Farce. You could also order from Elsmlett and get 2 or 48 Parcel Farce delivery

You did pay for air freight (not air mail - that's a different thing and non-trackable) but then Hobby King also paid POS Malaysia for air freighting it, so the breach of contract is in Kuala Lumpur and not Hong Kong.