Hobbyking delivery

An update. Still no delivery after 52 days (POS estimating 8 - 16 weeks by Sea), so yesterday escalated my Paypal dispute to a claim siting non delivery within the 39 days timeframe set out by HK, today received full refund from PP.

Remains to be seen if package will actually turn up end of Aug /Sept!!

PayPal are still quoting a 45 day window for entering a dispute on their help page - thought it had gone up to 180 days.

Just double checked on their resolution centre 'Step by step guide to opening a dispute' and it's still saying 45 days!!

The change to 180 days seems only to relate to recent transactions, I raised my dispute before 45 days but in the process it was showing me 180 days, you then have 20 days to try and resolve thew issue with the seller, before escalating to a claim or dropping the case

It depends which page you go to: one shows 180 days but another still shows 45 days. It looks as if they haven't updated some of the help pages (I'd give links here but you have to be logged in before they work and probably won't work for another account). The 180 days limit only happened round mid-June for orders after that date so, if you ordered before that, then it would still be 45 days

I hope you'll either refuse delivery or pay HK if the packet does arrive

Edited By Daithi O Buitigh on 30/07/2014 09:19:07

Posted by Pete B - Moderator on 14/07/2014 20:19:56:

I placed an order in the early hours of this morning. I received the 'Your parcel has been sent' email just under 9 hours later so it seems they're getting orders out - it's just down to the carrier now.

Just an update on this order, placed 14/7. Following the tracking it was booked in by Singapore Post on 16/7, left Singapore on 18/7 and arrived in France 26/7 (must be using airships for cargo nowteeth 2) and was delivered today, 31/7.

The problem is with the carriers, not HK, as far as I can see.... clearly the transport system is creaking.

Pete

Posted by Paul Jefferies on 31/07/2014 13:37:21:

For what it's worth, I have used the HK's Europe Warehouse a couple of times and received the stuff within two or three days........

Paul

Edited By Paul Jefferies on 31/07/2014 13:37:51

What's the best shipping option to use from EU Warehouse to UK?

I use the EU Warehouse for the larger purchases and have only ever used the standard $8.99 delivery - which covers up to 45Kg.....wink 2

3-4 days delivery to me in France - I'd expect UK to be no slower. Probably not worth paying for any premium services - if you want anything quicker best stick to a UK retailer.

Pete

Well, my order placed on 3rd June and sent via PosMalasia has just arrived today. laugh

Delivered by royal mail with no duty or tax to pay.

I had given up hope of it arriving and had tried to make a claim via Paypal, but was told this was after the 45day maximum claim period and rejected the claim. I notice the mention of a 180 day claim period only appeared on my paypal transactions after 18th june.

The tracking info still says:

I'm a bit confused here. So as I understand it Hobbyking won't accept a dispute regarding an order for 180 days, but if you feel you need to raise it through Paypal it has to be within 45 days? Does that mean Hobbyking wont deal with them because they want to wait 180 days (half a year!!!) before 'looking' into it?

I have found that if you have a dispute with HobbyKing you might as well give up as they put so many obstacles in your way you begin to wish that you had never bothered. These days I am very reluctant to buy from them if it is not available from the UK warehouse but, even though I have queried it with HobbyKing, I wonder why they insist on sending everything, even the smallest of items, in a large box, most of which is filled with air filled packaging. If they used a bit of common sense they could reduce packaging/postage costs and charges to customers.

Derek.

As I understand matters, the issue at present appears to be with items sent via Malaysia Post, that for whatever reason in my experience, can take as long as 50 days or so to arrive. If you need something on the quick then use UK or EU warehouses if possible. My last order from Global warehouse via MP, came after 48 days but it did get here. My battery from UK warehouse took only two days.

I have another order on its way from Global Warehouse again being shipped via Malaysia Post and I'm on 28 days and counting, not a prob as I'm not in a hurry for the bits.

Keep a weekly note of the tracking details and eventually the magic 'ARRIVED AT HEATHROW' will appear! If after 40 days there's still no sign, open a Paypal dispute to cover any risk of the item actually being lost. That will give you another (I think) 20 days for communicating with Hobby King after which if still no parcel arrives, escalate to a Paypal claim. Paypal will then investigate the non-delivery and in all probability, refund your money themselves - nothing to do with HobbyKing!

It is a pain at the moment, so as has been said by other posters, try to choose a better shipping option from Global Warehouse, rather than the ordinary 'Registered Airmail' and check stock in UK and EU first.

Edited By Cuban8 on 02/08/2014 10:51:49

Paypal deadline for a dispute is now 180 days and has been for any orders since mid-June (for UK at least)

Orders with POS Malaysia are slow. However they are the ONLY shipping company who will handle Lipos (even if they do send them by sea). Regarding lost parcels - the delay on that is down to the shipping company who are the ones doing the investigation. That's where the delay comes in as Hobby King won't refund unless and until the shipper says that the package is, indeed, lost.

Regarding tracking. While most people think that's there so they can go "Oh, look where my toys are" it's actually for the benefit of the seller so they can tell at a glance whether a parcel has been accepted or not and it's for their protection (besides which the Royal Snail/Parcel Farce will not issue any tracking information until the package is actually delivered and signed for)

IT'S ARRIVED ! ! ! !

True it's taken 81 days and the box looks as if it's been used for football practice but at least they have arrived.

However..... to add injury to insult (loss of money is injury in my book) I was stung with a £12.71 import charge by our dear friends the Border Force.

And of course it being the 21st Century the Post Office only accept cash or cheque but no card payment.

On reflection, should have gone to T9 Hobbysport which I shall should I need anymore rx's.

Regards