Milk Bottles

AJ

No not the proper old glass ones, the ones you get your milk in nowadays from Tesco et al,

Has to be one of the most useful items coming out of her kitchen on the way to the rubbish.

Use the tops as little mixing pots.

Then cut sections from the sides with your craft knife. Not much in the way of glue will stick to this stuff.

Large flat bits make great mixing boards.

Small bits used for packing between bits of plane that should not be stuck together.

Cut the bottom off in one piece to make a pot for cleaning fluids or mixing larger volumes of liquids.

Cut the top off with the handle included to make a funnel.

Any other uses?

A.

Advert

Cut a piece out of the side. replace the cap. Put some beer or milk in it and lay it on its side in the garden. Good slug trap.

Plummet

p.s. Critics might say that this is not relevant to aeromodelling, but I contest that when I encounter a slug near one of my food crops the slug has a tendency to fly.

........and

• spatulas spreading sticky glue
  • control hinges
  • water rudders for float plane
  • battery hatch on profile model
  • trip tabs
  • underneath wing tip skid
  • mudguards for small wheels
  • simple washes
  • divider on hatch magnets whilst they dry
  • hard wearing belly span as a skid
  • flash-gun bounce screen
  • soft light diffuser for flashgun
  • fashioned cooling vent for electric model
  • dummy aerials on scale model

Posted by Andrew Eastland on 25/07/2014 11:25:53:

No not the proper old glass ones, the ones you get your milk in nowadays from Tesco et al,

Has to be one of the most useful items coming out of her kitchen on the way to the rubbish.

Use the tops as little mixing pots.

Then cut sections from the sides with your craft knife. Not much in the way of glue will stick to this stuff.

Large flat bits make great mixing boards.

Small bits used for packing between bits of plane that should not be stuck together.

Cut the bottom off in one piece to make a pot for cleaning fluids or mixing larger volumes of liquids.

Cut the top off with the handle included to make a funnel.

Any other uses?

A.

Posted by Charles Lee on 25/07/2014 21:17:45:

More use for the container than the contentslaugh

Noooo, custard, blamanche, rice pudding, milk shake, poach fish, Horlicks, Nesquick, Cajeta, cream, ice cream, 

Umm, hungry now ....bye

Edited By cymaz on 25/07/2014 21:53:22

• 4 weeks later...

Possibly one of the more unusual uses... I have about 30 of the 2 litre bottles filled with dishwasher salt. I buy a big sack (25kg I think) of the stuff once in a blue moon... much cheaper than small quantities... and decant it into the bottles. A 2 litre bottle holds just about the right amount of salt to refill the dishwasher. I have been known to use a bottle of the stuff to de-ice the driveway in the winter too.

Posted by cymaz on 17/08/2014 20:51:42:
Posted by Percy Verance on 17/08/2014 20:40:42:

I can't quite work out where the careful balancing comes in Daz. Is it before, during or after? wink 2

It's during!....have you ever tried to hover over a milk carton surprise....oh that stings!

this is where a good gyro comes in wink

Re bulk salt purchase: cheapest salt at Sainsburys in Kidderminster 3kg for £2.20 which works out at 66p/kg.

Buying in bulk - 10 x 10kg bags from NGS is £35 - i.e. 35p/kg. (add in delivery)

So unless you have lots of room to store your bags, or you are in a bulk-buy co-op/local club I reckon the cost:convenience benefit is marginal.