September 2014 issue is here.......

Slopetrashuk

Advert

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 28/07/2014 11:27:01:
Excellent.
however, before the debate starts, I am officially disowning any edit that makes xxkg.cm into xxkg / cm in anything I have written within it.

Great pics of Greenacres btw.

Andy

Don't worry Andy - once we have Kg.cm sorted we're moving on to N.m via Kg.m, carefully side-stepping the question of the difference between mass and weight! But its a big project mate - we're in it for the long haul! Just hang on in there.

Haven't got mine yet - should come tomorrow. Just in nice time to be packed away for the hols starting at the weekend!

Beb

Posted by Biggles' Elder Brother - Moderator on 28/07/2014 21:03:15:
Posted by Slopetrashuk on 28/07/2014 11:27:01:
Excellent.
however, before the debate starts, I am officially disowning any edit that makes xxkg.cm into xxkg / cm in anything I have written within it.

Great pics of Greenacres btw.

Andy

Don't worry Andy - once we have Kg.cm sorted we're moving on to N.m via Kg.m, carefully side-stepping the question of the difference between mass and weight! But its a big project mate - we're in it for the long haul! Just hang on in there.

Haven't got mine yet - should come tomorrow. Just in nice time to be packed away for the hols starting at the weekend!

Beb

Going boating BEB ? wink 2

To add to the section by Simon Cocker 'Silent Wings' in the September issue there is a video on You Tube that gives a taste for the meeting held at Great Orme North Wales Sat May 31 - Sun June 1 2014, the PSSA Mass Build meeting for the Jet Provost, other types of models were also flown, as you will see in the video.

A video done by a guy called 'Celtic Memories', he's done a lot of flying event videos and he's done a excellent job with this one to.

The video mainly is a snap shot of Saturday, those that haven't visited a coastal slope site are in for a treat, the video really captures the essence of the day, and Simon is seen flying his electric sports models, others are taking to the air as well.

Enjoy.

Posted by Levanter3 on 28/07/2014 21:08:45:

Haven't got August yet!! crying Might get September in my Christmas stocking and December for my birthday in March. Waiting for the overseas subs department to resume normal service. All debates a bit academic.

There are some overseas delivery issues at the moment, the subscriber thread here refers.

Posted by Slopetrashuk on 28/07/2014 13:26:06:
I also see that Lee's Boomerang is now Darren Kelsey's Elan! Wonder if Lee's missus knows he's upgraded!

Andy

Nope so keep stum....anyway i flew mine harder than that elan!!!

i have always wondered why we do the old weigh it and wing area stuff, i did used to weigh mine on scales, but does anyone actually care?? i know i don't really, i am bothered if it flies well, light or heavy and especially for aerobatic models how well it does certain things and any coupling involved, i am always interested to know what gear they have used (servos) that gives me a nice starting point in terms of power required, i shall read all about my Elan when i get home

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 29/07/2014 08:38:37:
Posted by leccyflyer on 29/07/2014 07:45:56:

Be interesting to see when this one hits the shops up here in the NE - it was nearly the end of July before the August issue arrivedwink

Leccy, yes, let me know, did copies eventually appear?

I'm still waiting for a reply from distribution.

Yes, I got my August issue just after you'd said that you had asked what was happening, thanks.

Posted by Lee Smalley on 29/07/2014 12:49:53:
Posted by Slopetrashuk on 28/07/2014 13:26:06:
I also see that Lee's Boomerang is now Darren Kelsey's Elan! Wonder if Lee's missus knows he's upgraded!

Andy

Nope so keep stum....anyway i flew mine harder than that elan!!!

i have always wondered why we do the old weigh it and wing area stuff, i did used to weigh mine on scales, but does anyone actually care?? i know i don't really, i am bothered if it flies well, light or heavy and especially for aerobatic models how well it does certain things and any coupling involved, i am always interested to know what gear they have used (servos) that gives me a nice starting point in terms of power required, i shall read all about my Elan when i get home

We've decided it's yours now so you can go and claim it wink 2

Well famous at last! Pete B and me get a personal mention (and appear on the group photo) for the magnificent effort we made in turning up at Greenacres! All those bacon butties and full fry breakfast were worth it then! smiley. This should put the sales up! wink

Thanks Ed(s)!

Terry

Ps - great mag again and not just because we are in it!

• 2 weeks later...