FPV Close Proximity Cottage Playground

Hi All,
Here is the warm up video for some of the most fun I have had FPV, its very rare I get to spend too long at any one location so its hard to learn the area to get some nice routes.

The flight is the first one in that location on the day and I'm just getting warmed up after a long drive there, having a comfy seat and some shade was a very nice but rare treat. The garden has some excellent different area's. The 5.8Ghz video did very well behind all the hedges and trees and the FrSKY didn't play up once the whole time, I had my failsafe set to zero throttle just in case.

Best viewed full screen 1080p

If there is a problem with this video please let the forum mods know by reporting it

Advert

Whilst laws in the UK are made in black and white, there's an unofficial but established principle amongst those entrusted to enforce them to see the law as many shades of grey - well over 50, I'd say...wink 2

Long may it remain sosmile

I think we have to assume that the OP had permission to fly at this location which is evidently a private garden - and a very nice one at that!smile p

I wouldn't see the CAA being exercised in the slightest by this video - and neither would I be......

Pete

We had a copy of ''The flight of the bumble bee' by Harry James and his orchestra on an old 1940's /50's, 78 vinyl record. We played it on an old wind-up record player. Every time I hear the music I am reminded of those times and of course it was played on 'Uncle Macs Favourites' on the radio almost every week. There were many other songs of that time which you never hear these days fortunately like the 'Thunder and Lightning Polka' and 'Lonely Little Petunia in an Onion Patch'. Thank god for Elvis Presley and the early rockers!

Good video and excellent flying!

Edited By Mike Etheridge 1 on 11/08/2014 17:53:34

Thank you all for your kind words, its rare I get to stay in the same place for long and enjoy myself. Thank you to Peter B for his wise words. Permission was granted by the owners and they stayed at the front of the property to make sure no one entered the area at all or without letting my spotter know. Failsafes were set on both the X8R Rx and also the Naze32 to zero throttle.

This is just the warm up flight, I had not got the routes worked out and only stayed in a small section of the garden, the next video will be of all the flights edited together so should be a lot of safe fun.

@Andy Meade there seems to be a shift towards some frames that can handle 6" blades, the Spanky only fits 5" props. If using the torque 1806 or 2206 motors you get incredible power from 6" props it seems. There are a few on the horizon now and some kits are bringing out longer arms to retro fit the quads to fit the 6" props. The Spanky would need a full bottom plate or some kind of extentions.

@Mike Etheridge That's an excellent playing of the song, I just listened to it on Youtube but of course its not the same feeling as played on a record you had, thanks for mentioning it.

Here is a version without the music but instead you get my silly noises of me having fun taken from the GoPro:
https://vimeo.com/103146120

James,

I have also listened to the song on You Tube last night. This morning I have dug through my record collection and have actually found the 78 of 'Flight of the Bumble Bee'. On the reverse side is 'The Carnival of Venice'. I also found two other Harry James records and one Benny Goodman. The Harry James records are 'Concerto for Trumpet' with 'Trumpet Blues and Cantable' on the reverse side, and 'Carnival Fox Trot' with 'I'm beginning to See The Light' with singer Kitty Kallen (Now 92) on the reverse side. The Benny Goodman songs dated 1939 are 'Bach Goes to Town' and 'Farewell Blues Foxtrot,

Well it's thanks to you I have dug this long forgotten lot of records out, I will spend the next half hour finding them on You-tube. I must say all this music should be relevant and should be played to welcome in the Canadian Lancaster.

MJE