84 inch Depron AT6 Texan.

Advert

Many thanks indeed for all your comments. Too kind......blush

Ian, Yes, I agree. The whole model looks totally different with the canopy.
Tony, I've seen your builds so, from you, high praise indeed - thank you.
Danny, Thanks again.
Monz - The future's bright!. You know, I'm almost tempted.
Had it not been for the fact that I know, in fact, we ALL know just how talented a builder you are and just how good all your builds are......well I think you should be building one for me
Chris, Again, you're more than capable of getting that bird finished! What about a log update?
Shane, If the build has inspired you then - it was worth writing up! - thank you and good luck with your build.
Roy, as ever, thank you for the kind words.

Now, Phil.......
Whats all this about a jigsaw?
The last few pieces need slotting into place so if you fancy calling in tomorrow, I'll be more than happy to let you complete the puzzle.
Ready for collection...................
last.jpg

last2.jpg

last3.jpg

last4.jpg

Regards
Roy

Roy I cannot wait, it's like Christmas Eve but x 10.

As for the last pieces of the jigsaw I hope you have the box lid with the picture on as I am scared to death my sausage fingers will not even be up to the little finishing touches but I am really looking forward to trying.

See you tomorrow and again many thanks.

Phil.

P.S. Just delving down the back of the settee for the outstanding balance. laugh

• 2 weeks later...

image.jpgWell after Santa Electriflier relinquished his grip on the magnificent Texan last week I have had a few enjoyable and a few trying evenings doing the little finishing touches.

The frustrating bit was getting the mechanical retracts to work smoothly with no binding and servo chatter.

The enjoyable bits included filling the lovely cowl Roy fashioned with something that slightly resembled a radial engine.

The gear has been installed and the battery location sorted so no additional weight is required to attain the estimated C of G.

There are a few little filling and painting jobs to do but we are on course for a possible maiden next Sunday weather permitting after me and Roy have arm wrestled to decide who gets the honour.

Thanks for reading Phil.

Little bit of aileron trim and that was all, great testament to the talents of the designer/builder and joint owner of the friendliest and most helpful hobby shop in the u.k. Depron guru Electriflier Roy.

I cannot thank you enough for giving me the chance to own a one of a kind aircraft, I am still buzzing after today's flight.

Cheers Phil.

Thanks to everyone on the kind comments, I know Roy appreciates the comments from fellow modelers and this has been a great experience for me. I am really looking forward to flying this model and adding a few more finishing touches starting with a nice set of more reliable electric screw retracts ( obviously from my local model shop Thanks for following and watch this space because I am sure Roy will not have a clear building board for long.

Edited By Philip Rawlinson on 01/12/2014 21:31:52

• 7 months later...

Update....

After quite a few very successful flights and an upgrade to the retracts carried out by Phil, I thought some of you might like to see one or two more photo's that I've taken over the past few outings.
Phil has replaced the mechanical retracts for some Eflite servoless ones which I liked so much, I have upgraded the Spitfire too.
Every time he flies the Texan, it just seems t get better. It sounds beautiful and according to Phil, handles like a dream. img_1739.jpg

img_1750.jpg

texbest.jpg

texbest1.jpgtexbest3.jpgtex.jpg

phils landing.jpg

Edited By Electriflier on 19/07/2015 16:29:13

Edited By Electriflier on 19/07/2015 16:29:46